The Cook will be responsible for the preparation and cooking of food products in our fun and fast-paced kitchen. The Cook will adhere exactly to the Manager’s instructions and recommendations. The Cook will keep a clean and organized workspace while doing tasks.
● Set up of equipment.
● Verification of stock.
● Cleaning of fryers.
● Taking out the trash.
● Running soiled dishes through the dishwasher.
● Sweeping and mopping.
● Maintaining a clean work area and environment.
● Maintaining a positive and respectful attitude during shifts.
● Must be able to prepare and or cook large quantities of food in an efficient manner.
● Must be able to wear personal protective equipment necessary to perform this job safely (may
include; gloves, mask and/or face shield, non-slip shoes etc)
● Basic understanding of sanitation and regulations for workplace safety.
● Basic understanding of food handling techniques, preparation, and cooking procedures.
● Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
● Ability to work quickly and efficiently.
● Ability to work well as part of a team.
● Ability to maintain personal hygiene.
● Food Handler’s Certificate is required.
Education and Experience:
● High school or vocational school coursework in kitchen basics such as food safety, preferred.
● Prior related experience preferred; Culinary school degree is a plus.
● Must be able to lift 20-35 pounds at times.
● Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours.
● Must be able to work weekends evenings.