POSITION SUMMARY: This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Wellness Desk Staff member at Kandiyohi County Area Family YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined.
OUR CULTURE: Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Coaches members in support of their desired behavior change. Regularly checks on members’ progress in meeting personal and program goals.
- Answers questions from members to support them in achieving their goals related to healthy living. Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA. Introduces new members to group exercise communities based their health and well-being goals.
- Utilizes tools and information for the purpose of increasing member knowledge of wellness as well as wellness programs provided through the YMCA (handouts, schedules, etc.).
- May conduct post-enrollment interviews to understand new members’ definition of well-being, personal goals, cultural background, healthcare needs, diverse abilities and interests and develops plans to meet their individual needs.
- Maintains and cleans equipment according to the schedule or as requested by supervisor.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
- Attends all staff meetings. 9. Assume other duties, responsibilities and projects identified as needed by the employee and approved and/or assigned by supervisor.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- CPR/AED/BFA certification within first 30 days of employment.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Additional trainings as required by the position.
- Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
Posting ID: 603935228Posted: 2021-04-04