POSITION SUMMARY: This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Day Camp Counselor at Kandiyohi County Area Family YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined.
OUR CULTURE: Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Under the direction of the Program Director, plans and implements program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values.
- Leads and participates in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Cultivates positive relationships and maintains effective communication with parents, children and other staff. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Assume other duties, responsibilities and projects identified as needed by the employee and approved and/or assigned by supervisor.
- Functional Expertise
- Developing Self & Others
- Emotional Maturity
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- CPR, First Aid and AED certification within first 30 days of employment.
- Additional trainings are required by the position.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
Posting ID: 603935242Posted: 2021-03-22