Working with product development scientists and engineers, the successful candidate will provide formulation, characterization and processing support in R&D programs directed toward preparing and processing new composite resin formulations. The successful candidate will obtain training and experience in an array of processing and characterization methods. Major responsibilities are given below. The time distribution for these responsibilities will vary with the needs of the project. Safety is not broken out as a separate job responsibility. It is an essential part of all of the job activities.
- Composite liquid resin preparation, characterization and evaluation including viscosity, cure kinetics and stability
- Polymer composite processing including infusion and resin transfer molding
- Composite characterization and evaluation including: mechanical, optical, thermal, UV and chemical resistance properties
- Organize, report and give initial analysis of data and suggestions for future experiments based on results
- Participate in team meetings to discuss results/ plan for future experiments
- Research on and evaluation of formulation changes (additives, comonomers, polymer alloys) to improve processing or physical properties of composite materials
- Bachelor's Degree or above in Chemistry, Material Sciences, Polymers or similar.
- Previous experience dealing with chemical synthesis, polymers or composites is a plus
- Fluent in English.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and will be able to create strong relationships with your colleagues.
Issued from the different sectors of the industry, our staff is passionate, experienced and aware of the ground realities. That’s why, we have naturally set the challenge to be a leader in sharing expertise between all the actors of our daily work.
We provide global solutions for energy industries ; because we think the way we do it can change everything, we abide by the highest ethical standards. We promote a fair and honest relationship with our clients, our local partners and our consultants observing respect, integrity and reliability.
Posting ID: 604014910Posted: 2021-03-21Job Title: Chemist