The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for diagnosing and repairing problems with all production equipment including forklifts, conveyors, packaging lines, and blenders. Additionally, Maintenance Mechanics will perform routine preventative maintenance to minimize equipment downtime and ensure the product produced is of the highest quality and safe. This role will require daily documentation pertaining to downtime, spare parts, and preventative maintenance performed. This role will also assist with equipment changeovers.
- Diagnose, repair, replace and/or overhaul all mechanical and electrical components for numerous types of equipment to include but not limited to material handling equipment, packaging lines, blenders, conveyors and related software programs, hydraulic equipment, electrically operated equipment, air compressors, refrigeration/heating systems, air handlers and ductwork, variable speed controllers, etc.
- Identify, perform and document routine preventative maintenance on production and production area equipment in a timely and efficient manner to minimize downtime with direction from supervisors, managers, or leads.
- Assist machine operators with product changeovers for assigned tasks to ensure minimal downtime.
- Ensure manufacturing equipment is producing quality and safe product for our customers.
- Adhere to GMPs and Safety Processes to ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations.
- Participate in continuous improvement process by providing suggestions geared toward the elimination of non-value added activities and opportunities to improve efficiency, safety or food quality.
- May be required to lay out, install, diagnose, repair, and maintain a variety of complicated electrical control equipment such as benders, and computer/PLC control systems.
• Must be able to read and write English and be able to follow written and verbal directions.
• Minimum 3- 5 years' experience in machine and/or electrical maintenance, specific experience in a food manufacturing plant preferred.
• welding experience a plus
• Basic math skills required.
• Must be able to operate basic to sophisticated hand tools and possess knowledge of safety procedures and practices.
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office and data entry using company software.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Customer service oriented to serve internal customers and work with external contractors.
• Able to work well independently and as a team
• Able to meet the physical requirements of the position requiring heavy lifting up to 50lbs, carrying tools and supplies, kneeling and stooping and standing on feet for long periods of time.
Posting ID: 604184789Posted: 2021-05-12Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic Manufacturing