Job DescriptionIf you're looking for a purpose and not just a job, join the Smoothie King team and turn your purpose into a fulfilling passion!
Since pioneering the first nutritional Smoothie franchise in 1973, our mission has always been to inspire people to live a healthy and active lifestyle. Now, with over 1300 stores and counting, we have been ranked as the #1 Fastest-Growing concept in its category and #14 on Entrepreneur Magazine's "Franchise 500" list in 2020! We've grown to become the largest nutritional Smoothie bar in the nation, with a simple recipe for success: Hire the best people, use the best ingredients and blend with a purpose!
As a dynamic, rapidly growing franchise company, we are looking for a purpose-driven and dedicated talent to join our expanding Training team. Reporting to the Vice President of Operations Services and Training, the Field Trainer is responsible for preparing our locations and teams for opening, leading the on-site training, and analyzing post-opening results and recommending actions to improve business trends. Our Field Trainers are the subject matter experts on Smoothie King brand requirements and standards and train all store personnel (corporate and franchise) on how to operate our locations. Our Field Trainer ensures that skills and knowledge provided during training are consistently executed and Guest service is delivered.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
• Self-starter with a passion for continuous learning.
• Demonstrates a track record of acting on the fly when plans and/or processes change.
• Displays a comfort-level with making decisions when support is unavailable or is minimal from the Home Office.
• Demonstrates a professional demeanor when interacting both socially and in the store with Franchisees and their Team Members.
• Executes brand standards, policies, and procedures for new and relocated stores.
• Holds everyone accountable to brand standards, policies, and procedures.
• Approaches each store opening with optimism and as an opportunity to expand the brand's reach, vision and mission.
• Contributes to Smoothie King's annual goals to increase store count by traveling to the store opening and meeting the opening date.
• Demonstrates the ability to clearly communicate results, directives and follow ups in a professional manner, including proper grammar and spelling.
• Documents helpful processes with the intention to develop training materials that will assist teams at the store-level.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, excellent written, and verbal communication skills with a genuine desire to serve our guests, franchisees, and our team.
• Self-starter with ability to deliver results with minimal supervision or guidance with the ability and willingness to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to handle confidential information and material with the highest degree of professional responsibility.
• Takes pride and personal ownership of his/her work and accomplishments.
• Naturally personable and friendly attitude in the face of adversity.
Specific Job Requirements
Willingness to travel 85%-90% of the time; 5-15 days at a time.
Provides support and guides Franchisees to meet Store Opening date.
Schedules Store Opening activities at a time that makes sense for Franchisees and Team Members.
Divides and conquers tasks between self, Franchisees and Team to accomplish tasks to be completed prior to Store Opening Date.
Uses in -store time effectively and demonstrates a track record of willingness to go above and beyond to open stores by the opening date.
Transports needed materials, computer equipment, marketing materials, manuals, smallware's, POP, forms, and other items as necessary prior to and on store openings.
Builds rapport with Franchisees and their Team Members while simultaneously holding everyone accountable to brand standards, policies, and procedures.
Create training summary after each restaurant opening to include analysis of business trends and observations of team's skills. Review findings and recommendations for improvement with Franchisee and Operations Consultant.
Education and Experience Requirements
• An Associates or Undergraduate degree, preferred.
• Two (2) years' directly related experience in Franchise and/or Food & Beverage industry.
• One (1) year experience with hands-on or classroom training.
• Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel).
• ServSafe Certification preferred.
• Store-level management experience, preferred.
• Personal passion for fitness is a plus.
What We Offer
Join our team and enjoy an unusually fun work environment with an upbeat atmosphere and great team members. It is our purpose to maintain an environment our team members can brag about, where our focus and belief are built on our core values: We Are Better Together, We Keep Evolving, We Live Our Mission, We Do the Right Thing, and We Focus and Finish. With our core values at the forefront of every decision we make, it allows for collaboration, passion, and a no-limits mindset when it comes to your future! We keep our team happy with our great benefits package, free smoothies, flexible work schedules, office lunches and parties, monthly fitness challenges, free gym access, and more fun activities to make Smoothie King a happy and healthy place to work.
Inspire people to live a healthy and active lifestyle.
To be an integral part of every health and fitness journey.
We: Do the Right Thing
We: Are Better Together
We: Live the Mission
We: Keep Evolving
We: Focus and Finish
At Smoothie King, when we say inspire people, we mean everyone. We champion a diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the guests we serve. We blend the unique members of our organization, celebrating what is both common and different to grow better together and Rule the Day. The foundation of our diversity efforts is closely tied to our core values, which includes "We Are Better Together" and "We Do the Right Thing". We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, or medical condition or disability. If you are a person with a disability and you need assistance in applying for a position with Smoothie King, please call our Human Resources Department at 214-935-8900 and direct assistance will be provided.