** $2,000 Sign on Bonus **
Looking for individuals to join our home care family.
At ComForCare Home Care we value our employees like family. We celebrate success and have fun. Our focus is to help our clients and employees live their best lives possible.
*Each office is independently owned and operated. POSITION SUMMARY
Performs skilled nursing functions in accordance with the federal, state, and local laws and within the guidelines of his/her professional organization and Agency.
All functions shall be performed in accordance with the established policies and practices and state Nurse Practice Act. The LPN/LVN delivers care to clients as delegated by the case managing RN or supervisor. REPORTS TO:
Clinical Supervisor / Director of Clinical Services QUALIFICATIONS
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Current license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse in the state(s) of employment.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in an acute care setting or equivalent experience.
- CPR certified.
- Demonstrated written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Licensed driver with automobile insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and in good repair. Has a good driving record.
- Provides professional nursing care as defined in the nurse practice act and under the direction of a Registered Nurse. Communicates appropriate status/condition changes to the RN per agency guidelines.
- Provides skilled nursing visits for clients as directed by the clinical supervisor. Follows the Plan of Care established by the Registered Nurse.
- Recognizes and reports changes in client condition to the case managing RN and physician, as directed.
- Communicates information on a timely basis, consistent with Agency policy and urgency of the situation. Communicates verbally, as needed, and through complete and accurate documentation in the clinical record.
- Scope of clinical practice includes personal care services, monitoring and reporting findings, medication administration and monitoring, client teaching, emergency intervention, and nursing services within professional scope of practice and as delegated by the RN case manager and/or supervisor.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients and coworkers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety/infection control practices by compliance with policies and procedures.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to potentially unsafe situations.
- Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment.
- Makes recommendations on improvement of safety.
- Seeks education/training or assistance with areas of concern.
- Performs job in compliance with Agency policies and procedures and professional and community standards.
- Accepts responsibility for professional nursing role.
- Follows applicable state and federal laws and agency standards.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Refrains from discussing client or staff identities, conditions, or circumstances in public or with others who do not have a legitimate interest in the person.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the Agency Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program and pertinent activities.
- Participates in coordination of home care services, attends meetings as required, and follows reporting guidelines.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
The information below is intended to describe the general context/requirements for performance of this job.
During a typical workday, this position requires the activities listed. It is not to be considered an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements and does not limit the assignment of additional duties. Your Hard Work Makes a Difference
Joining the ComForCare team means you'll do meaningful work every day. If you believe in serving others with compassion and integrity, you could be the perfect fit.
Enter your zip code to find open positions in your area. By selecting the positions below, you acknowledge that you are applying for employment with an independently owned and operated ComForCare franchisee, a separate company and employer from ComForCare and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. You understand that each independent franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employment including (and without limitation to) hiring and termination, and ComForCare does not accept, review or store my application. Any questions about your application or the hiring process must be directed to the locally owned and operated ComForCare franchisee.Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.
Posting ID: 605216835Posted: 2021-04-08