We are seeking a Business Development Manager to join our General Market sales team within the Pet segment. We are looking for high energy and self-motivated candidates who are ready to take their next career step in outside sales/large account management. This role is a remote, home-office based field sales position and desirable candidates will be based in the Minneapolis and St. Paul area. He/she will mainly cover key accounts in Midwest with an emphasis on Target.
Full-time employees enjoy excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, short-term and long-term disability, free life insurance, tuition reimbursement, product discounts and more!MEASURES OF SUCCESS
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Implement the sales planning process across the Central portfolio of brands for this territory that is 17% of the team's sales
- Execute account specific programs designed to achieve profitable sales volume, optimal distribution, competitive retail pricing for both brick & mortar and e-commerce
- Develop and maintain listing base through strategic sales efforts
- Provide accurate and timely sales forecasts across the Central portfolio
- Lead events including billing efficiencies, track spending, keeping books current to grow profitability.
- Implement strategic marketing plans that maximize profitable sales growth
- Participate and provide input in the areas of new product development, business planning, customer marketing, customer service and KPI tracking
- Developing and executing omnichannel efforts with our e-commerce Business Development Managers
- BS/BA Degree in a business discipline
- 2 to 5 years of professional sales experience, with a proven track record of inside sales account management
- Experience in managing large FDM retail accounts; high volume product sales experience, omni channel and category management experience preferred
- Understanding of and utilization of KPI's (revenue, gross profit margin percent and dollars, inventory days of supply, turns, GMROI, sales per square foot, margin per square foot, comp-store sales, etc.)
- Strong original thinking, creative problem solving and attention to detail
- Demonstrated strategic planning and strong negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex information to a broad audience
- Strong interpersonal relationship-building skills with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills
- Travel required, approximately 15% with frequent overnight trips; frequent car and airline travel; hotel sleep accommodations.
- Home office conditions when not actively traveling in region. Variation in work hours is necessary due to employee and customer schedules, special projects, deadlines and other business activities.
- Meet with VP in Minneapolis office once a month.
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries...one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.
Posting ID: 605498809Posted: 2021-03-12Job Title: Market Pet