CROWN Cork & Seal USA, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of packaging products for consumer marketing companies, as well as transit and protective packaging products, equipment and services around the world. Crown makes a wide range of metal packaging for food, beverage, household and personal care, and industrial products. We have operations in 47 countries and a total of 239 plants worldwide, employing 33,000 people. Crown has truly established itself as the world's premier packaging company, headquartered in the United States and a major supplier to many household names such as Nestle, Mars, Heinz and Pepsi. Division Overview:
Crown's Closures Division focuses on designing and creating closure pieces that not only open a container of pickles or twist the top off a jar of peanut butter, we create closure pieces that are a gateway to the overall product experience. We use powerful decorating capabilities and expert technical knowledge. Here is your chance to join the Crown Closures Division. Position Description:
Students now have a chance to gain real world operations and engineering experience in a manufacturing company by joining Crown for a summer internship opportunity with our Weirton, WV plant. The intern will be a key member to work on business-critical projects that support daily operations, safety, quality and productivity improvements of our products and processes. Intern will be provided with tasks that are both technically challenging and educationally stimulating. Although we make no guarantee of full-time employment upon completion of the internship, it is our goal to have our interns fully capable of stepping into a full-time position within our organization. Specific Projects/Duties for This Internship Include:
- Quality - Assist with the customer standard approval process working closely with divisional and Weirton quality teams. Update any DIF folders based off approvals from customers. Investigate BF complaints from Connellsville tied to the Weirton plant, assisting the fracturing and frilling team.
- Spoilage - Assist plant with spoilage reduction via data mining, Pareto charting, trouble shooting, refining tracking, reduce/eliminate variances between production and accounting data, and assisting with KATA experiment implementations.
- Data Integrity - Continue to automate any data collection within the plants to improve data integrity working closely with IT/Production coordinator.
- Improve Efficiency - Work closely with LET and Weirton production teams to optimize the Line 6 Crabtree press set-up to meet or exceed target goals and ROI.
- Cost reduction - Improve the coater roll outside services maintenance. Implement a coater roll repair process to be able to track each roll and cost per roll.
- Student be currently working towards a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering preferred, but would also consider similar engineering degrees including Electrical, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial, Packaging, Chemical engineering area. Must have at least one year of academic classes completed
- Minimum GPA 2.8
- Must be able to work 40-hours per week
- Must be able to relocate if needed
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Leadership experience a plus
- Basic Understanding of Engineering Drawings. Ability to use AutoCAD or similar CAD software to produce detailed drawings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills required
- Must display maturity and a high level of professionalism
- Proven high degree of personal motivation and discipline to perform duties
- High level of independent thinking and resourcefulness to develop and propose solutions to problems
- Ability to interface with various levels of staff from other engineers, to management, to production employees
- Ability to successfully prioritize and work multiple tasks concurrently
Crown is pleased to provide a real-world learning opportunity through this internship program where students will discover the benefits, rewards and development opportunities to help them in their continued studies of engineering/operations and prepare them for a career in manufacturing. Additionally, Crown will benefit by having students assist in meeting customer and company needs.
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.