Crown Cork and Seal is looking for a temporary Manufacturing Supervisor in our Lancaster, Ohio facility. This position is responsible for making quality decisions in regards to plant GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and production norms while overseeing a production line and team. Duties would include:
- Conduct various safety audits of equipment and procedures along with conducting safety observations.
- Inspect equipment and product to insure optimum safety, utilization and quality. Communicate with all employees concerning safety, staffing needs, scheduling, problem solving, change actions, overtime, vacations and training.
- Review and support master scheduling process to meet production needs.
- Plan process activities and follow established priorities in regard to procedures, equipment capabilities, process team performance and staffing levels.
- Review, analyze and act to correct non-conformance in areas of safety, policies and procedures.
- Lead, coach and support line process teams in their efforts to improve quality, increase flexibility and reduce costs.
- Conduct required team meetings and safety training. Maintain time and attendance records, as well as production data in electronic systems.
- Provide leadership for hourly employees and Leads and hold them accountable to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide feedback to hourly employees and Leads on job performance.
- Coordinate manufacturing activities to insure production and product quality meet specifications.
- Interface with internal and external vendors to provide parts, support and training as it relates to production and maintenance.
- SQF responsibilities as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements & Working conditions
- Effective leadership skills such as conflict resolution, communication, decision making, etc.
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of various Microsoft programs
- Lean Manufacturing experience is a plus.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and maybe be required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Generally works in an office and/or plant environment.
- The employee may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures
- The employee may be exposed to loud machinery.
- Associate degree (2 yr) or equivalent experience in plant facility
- Good communication and problem solving skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours to assist with projects, maintenance, sample orders, etc.
0 - 10%
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Posting ID: 605800979Posted: 2021-02-11Job Title: Manufacturing Supervisor Temporary