Provide leadership and great customer service while displaying ownership and operational responsibility while running a shift. Seeks assistance from others when appropriate and willing to provide help and guidance as needed.
Short and long-term success of the restaurant is impacted by management’s role in achieving 100% customer satisfaction and 100% compliance with Company and government regulations including Food and Safety, Department of Labor, and Company in-store image standards.
SERVING THE CUSTOMER - Execute Speed of Service goals; resolve guest complaints quickly while maintaining positive relations; make sound business decisions quickly while always keeping the safety and satisfaction of the guest in mind; maintain a friendly and courteous work environment; ensure restaurant team is clean and orderly in appearance; ensure safe, quality products are delivered to guests.
LEADING THE RESTAURANT TEAM - Act as a role model by following company appearance and uniform standards; participate in restaurant goal-setting and commit to achieving these goals; assist crew members in maintaining the company’s performance standards; provide constructive feedback to the crew; be accessible to hear concerns and escalate to higher level of management if necessary to resolve; collaborate with the restaurant team to solve problems and make decisions; facilitate conflict resolution in a constructive manner to maximize teamwork and productivity while assuring employee and customer safety according to company policy; communicate effective written and verbal reports to management team.
MANAGING THE BUSINESS - Ensure products are prepared correctly and according to company standards, such as overseeing proper rotation, preparation, portioning, cooking, and holding times of product; ensure restaurant equipment is clean and working correctly and respond quickly and appropriately when it is in need of maintenance or repair; respond quickly and appropriately to resolve safety and security issues. Secure the company assets with integrity including but not limited to company cash, equipment and inventory in accordance with company policy. Assist in managing employee labor with acceptable variances and according to state and federal labor laws and maintain 100% compliance with minor work rules; manage food cost within acceptable variances; coordinate opening and closing procedures in a timely and safe manner; assist in executing marketing programs including suggestive selling, consumer education and correct placement and maintenance of Point of Sales (POS); maintain restaurant team productivity through proper deployment during each shift; facilitate team trained when needed; recognize and assist in business needs outside of the restaurant.
COMPLIANCE - Maintain certification in food safety programs and company sanitation standards. Support and Execute requests of the supervisors and run effective shifts. Be open and understanding of concerns. Be respectful and accessible for Crew Members who come for assistance. Elevate any concerns to the next level of management.
Restaurant Team – providing work direction, build respectful, trusting relationships; maximize teamwork and productivity while assuring employee safety.
Restaurant Management – providing operational reports and sharing/seeking advice on problem issues; secure assets.
Strong Customer Relationships in building loyalty, protecting brand integrity, and secure customer safety etc.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
• One-year Restaurant experience preferred with proven lead experience on all shifts.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Shift Manager certified. Food safety certification according to state or local requirements.
• Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, driving record, and state-mandated insurance for positions that require driving such as District Manager, Area Training Manager, General Manager, Assistant Manager, and Shift Managers.
• Personal Effectiveness - Takes personal ownership of tasks and responsibilities; handles constructive criticism with maturity; ability to operate under minimal direction and supervision, showing self-motivation and self-direction.
• Organization – Demonstrates discipline with excellent follow through and attention to detail skills. Shows initiative and flexibility in managing multiple tasks.
• Collaborative – a “team player,” models an optimistic attitude, builds trust with employees, and rapport with customers.
• Professional Focus - is punctual and flexible in maintaining hours of employment; models effective work performance and safety in an environment where there is constant change and minimal direct supervision; communicates viewpoints and concerns to fellow employees and managers in a constructive manner.