Every day, Kelly Services connects professionals with opportunities to advance their careers. We currently have an exciting 12+ month, long term contract opportunity as a Supply Management Planner for a top fortune 500 company in Moline IL.
Title: Supply Management Planner
Duration: 12+ months
Location: Moline IL
Positions Available: 3
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contingent will manage purchased parts delivery for internal and external suppliers at one or more locations.
- Performs the duties of a Supply Management Planner I. Communicates with suppliers on a day-to-day basis regarding schedule releases.
- Schedules requirements for purchased material such as economic order quantities optimal inventory level delivery and material replenishment.
- Responsible for the implementation of optimal logistics processes and the material management systems within the unit and for the logistic performance of the suppliers.
- Provides support services to Supply Management Specialists.
- Schedules and expedites the delivery of purchased materials to support a production plan including recommendations for premium logistic alternatives when appropriate.
- Processes suppliers’ non-conformances and expedites corrective actions.
- Works with the Supply Management Specialist to maintain an ongoing relationship with assigned suppliers to monitor and improve supplier performance; measures the performance of the supplier and defines corrective actions; may negotiate with suppliers to resolve short-term performance problems.
- Executes inventory plans using systems parameters and material replenishment strategies to achieve inventory/asset management and material flow goals.
- Drives continuous improvement in terms of performance with the supply base using Achieving Excellence process and criteria.
- Executes the logistics requirements for the supplier concerning containers packaging methods and parameters; arranges agreements with the suppliers on appropriate logistics processes.
- Works with Supply Management Specialist managing low-to-medium complex commodities and supply base.
- Resolves shipping and receiving problems to ensure prompt and accurate payments to suppliers.
- SAP experience
- Position will be remote during COVID only. Local candidates preferred.
- Strong communication skills
- Good typing/computer/Microsoft Office Skills including Excel.
Education / Experience:
- 4-year degree Business related or Supply Management. Open to recent graduate candidates.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Please contact Michelle Niemira (email@example.com) for immediate consideration.
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- A competitive hourly pay rate with weekly checks
- Access to newly expanded Medical Plan options
- Online continuing education via the Kelly Learning Center
- Several employee discounts
- And more!
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.