Senior Manager of IT InfrastructureByrider is growing and continues to be an industry leader in financial services. Key to the company's ongoing success is our IT!
Due to the company's success and growth, a Senior Manager of IT Infrastructure is needed. The Senior Manager of IT Infrastructure will help champion the move from classic infrastructure to the cloud, enjoy new technologies and have input on architecture decisions.
The preferred candidate will have the following:
Position Summary for Senior Manager of IT Infrastructure:Architecturally, we operate on a "cloud-first" policy and are actively migrating technologies off premise, therefore both strong DevOps/cloud hosting and more traditional infrastructure expertise are required. The Senior Manager of IT Infrastructure will ensure proper tactical leadership for both technical as well as personnel functions of the Systems Operations, Network Operation and DevOps teams. It will manage the daily work product and priorities of the teams and the individuals on the teams.
- 3 years of recent management experience leading a team of at least 3 people who are individual contributors.
- Deep understanding of classic infrastructure such as networking (Cisco preferably), VMware and SAN.
- Deep understanding of more modern infrastructure like AWS or another major cloud platform like Azure, DevOps, or CI/CD pipeline.
- Able to commute to the Carmel, IN corporate office after the current Covid work from home situation ends.
The Senior Manager of IT Infrastructure is responsible for the direct oversight the technical members of the Sys, Dev and Net Ops teams, some applicable vendor relationships, and management of significant technical assets (LAN, WAN, firewalls, operating systems, licensing, hardware, company store and franchisee support, short and long-term backups, data center, cloud platforms, disaster recovery, etc.).
The Senior Manager of IT Infrastructure will mentor and lead the SysOps, DevOps and NetOps team members. He or she will grow and develop both the individual skill level of each team member, but also the group cohesion as well. This individual must also be skilled at finding solutions to problems while keeping the environment well structured, stable, and secure. A focus on meeting and solving business needs is critical. This position must ensure accurate, timely, and competent communication and interaction with customers, internal staff, and management is accomplished personally and by all staff.
Rewards for Senior Manager of IT Infrastructure:
Responsibilities for Senior Manager of IT Infrastructure:
- Competitive starting salary based on experience
- Annual incentive plan
- Ability to work remote at times and during Covid
- Great benefits & paid time off plan
- Cutting edge technology
- Career growth opportunity
- Growing, industry leading company
- Company has over 140 locations in 31 states
- Company has been in business over 30 years
Skills needed for Senior Manager of IT Infrastructure:
- Develop a strong knowledge and understanding of Byrider business functions and goals.
- Working knowledge of enterprise computer system features to support business functions.
- Accept and analyze input from many sources (e.g. problem tickets, team members, business teams, vendors, franchisees) to recognize and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Active and regular communication with customers of IT services.
- Skills and ability to continuously improve direct reports.
- Develop reporting leaders for the next level of leadership.
- Consistent ability to analyze problems or conditions, troubleshoot and correctly determine or infer causes.
- Ability to successfully multi-task many activities and to properly prioritize activities to meet customer expectations.
- Quickly recognize recurring problems and provide resolution procedures.
- Be personally accountable for results.
- Capable of taking the knowledge and skills of others and leveraging it for improved personal and team results.
- Documentation of changes, problems, investigations, communication.
- Interaction with vendors to support customer needs and questions.
Experience required for Senior Manager of IT Infrastructure:
- Very strong customer service focus.
- Empowered individual.
- Have and demonstrate by daily actions a "whatever it takes" attitude.
- Management and leadership of direct reports.
- Develop future leaders.
- Take ownership over areas of responsibility.
- Excellent overall knowledge of technical aspects of cloud and on-prem technologies, voice and data networks, industry trends, and software.
- Security focus.
- High energy and self-motivating.
- Ability to influence positive behavior in coworkers.
- Ability to facilitate meetings.
- Clear problem analysis skills.
- Clear and accurate written and verbal communication with various levels of customers and internal staff.
- Multitasking and project management.
- Group presentation skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of business functions.
- At least 7 years of experience with multiple technology bases.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency with server, data center, virtual server, cloud hosted environments, networks, DevOps and security.
- Previous experience and success with the management of technical staff in similar roles.
- A minimum of 3 years of team leadership experience is necessary.
- A college degree is preferred but not required.
- A local candidate is preferred.
Posting ID: 606255779Posted: 2021-03-12Job Title: Senior Manager Infrastructure