Production SupervisorHighline Warren
is a leading national distributor of automotive products, with (15) fifteen distribution centers, and (8) eight state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities which serve multiple channels across the aftermarket industry. With more than 500 employees, Highline serves as a critical link between manufacturers and customers, offering a robust portfolio of national brands, original-equipment replacement products, private-label goods, and in-house chemical blending and packaging. The #1 manufacturer of windshield wash in the U.S.
is responsible for all activities within the companys manufacturing area, including but not limited to production, quality, and safety. The individual in this position is also responsible for providing team members with a safe work environment and the proper tools/equipment to perform assigned tasks. This position will be 12 hours shifts, 6:00am-6:00pm and 6:00pm-6:00am
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing problems, schedule production, and ensure coordination with lead times and shipping deadlines.
- Ensure material produced meets or exceeds customer specifications.
- Direct setup and adjustments of machines.
- Establish or adjust work assignments to meet production schedules.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipmentto increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew
- Assist team members in solving work problems.
- Suggest plans to motivate team members to achieve work goals.
- Use independent judgment toassign team member work dutiesto meet operational requirements. Make sure that team members and co-workers have the information and training needed to perform their job duties.
- Supervise team members in a manner that enables growth and success through feedback, training, and encouragement. Establish performance expectations for team members and provide regular feedback and performance reviews to ensure that team members understand how their job duties support the companys mission and have the right tools/resources to do their jobs well.
- Investigate performance concerns and implement disciplinary action, up to and including termination, as needed and in compliance with company procedures andwith consultation with the human resources department.
- Work with human resources department to manage hiring process for direct reports; interview and select candidates for hire in compliance with company processes.
- Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
- Continually evaluate processes, make recommendations, and implement improvements to optimize efficiency. Establish and document standard operating procedures and ensure the team is adhering to them.Drive continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness. Understand and apply lean manufacturing tools and methodology to lead team in continuous improvement activities.
- Adhere to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards. Use independent judgment to ensure that team members follow company policy and maintain a safe work environment by encouraging safe practices and promptly resolving violations, including initiating rewards and discipline as needed.
- Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
The individual may be asked to perform other duties as requested.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
An individual qualified for this job must be able to:
- Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Lead and inspire team members; must be able to relate to and build team working relationships
- Operate a computer and demonstrate PCproficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers, team members, and internal or external customers. Present information clearly and accurately.
- Pay attention to details and pursue quality in accomplishing work duties and tasks. Look for opportunities to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
- Handle challenges skillfully, thoroughly, and effectively.
- Independently take advantage of opportunities to improve or increase skills, abilities and job knowledge.
- Efficiently perform accurate mathematical calculations.
- Make sure that work is delivered on time and of high quality.
- Develop good work practices in order to get the job done.
- Use equipment, resources and time in an efficient and effective manner.
- Use good judgment when making decisions.
- Perform work in a safe manner at all times.
- Be professional in all interactions and dealings with co-workers, internal/external customers and vendors.
- Do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
Minimum Experience, Education, and Certifications
- Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, or two years related experience; or any satisfactory combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
- May be required to able to obtain a forklift license through Warren Distribution.
- Verifiable track record of effective leadership increasingly responsible experience in a manufacturing facility.
Physical Demands OF Essential Functions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the Essential Functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have the manual dexterity to operate office equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, calculator, phone, copier/scanner, and similar machines.
- Remain in a stationary position while performing data-entry and office related duties.
- Regularly move about and transport products and materials weighing up to 50 pounds when on the production floor.
- Manipulate pallets, using force of up to 30 pounds.
- Position oneself to retrieve products or materials from ground level or to check on the operation or condition of equipment and machinery.
- Work effectively atop elevated workspaces up to 10 feet above ground level.
- Ascend/descend stairs/ladders to access offices or catwalks.
- Operate, position, and use a wide variety of hand tools and equipment.
- Perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels and have the ability to exchange detailed information.
- Move about the manufacturing facility to observe and effectively communicate with team members and perform job duties.
The environmental conditions described here are representative of those the associate encounters while performing the Essential Functions of the job.
- The individual will be expected to work in a manufacturing and production environment, which may include being exposed to work in high/precarious places, moving machinery, marked changes in temperature and humidity, and dust, odors and fumes. Typical noise level is loud.
The Company will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Amendments.