The ERP Developer
- AX/D365 is a member of the IT team with responsibility for developing and maintaining all internally developed software for Pet Supplies Plus, including all data interfaces and processing to and from stores, distribution centers, the corporate office, company website and third-party systems. This Programmer position will help to drive simplification, quality, cost reduction, reliability, flexibility, and performance for our customers through hardware, software, and process change.
This individual will be responsible for development projects and technical support with the goal of delivering high-quality, low-maintenance, cost-effective, well-performing, and scalable output. The primary focus will be on code development and support of our complete ERP solution, based on Microsoft Dynamics AX. Other areas of focus include the ERP interfaces for our distribution company (including vendor, item, store, purchase order, sales order, returns to warehouse, returns to vendor, and inventory adjustments), custom ETL development for our financial systems (Dynamics AX), custom report development for our supply chain systems (Manhattan WMOS, Inventory Optimization, Labor Management), and point of sale interfaces (item, price, promotions, departments, customer, store configuration). This individual will be a core member of the team responsible for upgrade of our ERP system from AX2012 to D365 F&O, which has started in Feb 2021.
The ERP Developer
key responsibilities include:
- Developing software solutions to address complex and challenging business opportunities. Integrating data, creating user interfaces, automating processes and streamlining operations.
- Project support including participation in standard methodology of scope, requirements, design, development, testing, and implementation. Participating in integration testing, building test cases, and ensuring quality of test results.
- Designing and implementing standards and best practices for administration and maintenance of our application suite. Performing peer code reviews.
- Key member of the on-call group that provides 24x7 level support for our application suite on multiple platforms and environments including troubleshooting, debugging and problem resolution.
- In partnership with the team, prioritizing problems, projects, and requests, and communicating / escalating where appropriate. Creating accurate work plans for various cross-functional projects - appropriately identifying risks, constraints, and assumptions.
- Leading medium-sized projects and cross-functional technology teams through design, roll-out, and support. Defining scope, size, and estimates of the technical components, driving projects to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Investigating software and data problems, correcting immediate impacts and providing long-term solutions, and preparing appropriate cross training documentation.
- Developing and maintaining a strong two-way communication channel between our business partners and IT.
- Effectively partnering with business analysts and the user community to determine creative solutions. Effectively communicating assessments, technical direction, and specifications within all levels of the organization.
PAWsome ERP Developer
candidates will have:
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years programming experience in relevant languages (X++/C / C++ / C# / VB / Java / Scripting).
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Extensive background and expertise in analysis and design of complex business applications.
- Ability to wear multiple hats and work with multiple cross-functional teams to resolve issues and improve efficiency of the systems.
- Experience with project management methodology.
- Proven ability to successfully manage time and multiple priorities, with follow through and great customer service.
- Critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, task and time management skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to understand, analyze, and resolve customer requirements and requests.
- Self-motivation and ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated experience and accountability leading small projects and team sizes ranging from 2-5 resources.
- Proven ability to meet project deadlines and budgets and to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to work well under pressure and time constraints and be able to adjust to a constantly changing, fast paced environment.
- Experience with Enterprise Retail packages a plus (including ERP, Merchandising, Supply Chain, Financials).
About Pet Supplies Plus
Pet Supplies Plus is focused on making it easier to get better products for your pet. With over 560 locations in 36 states, the stores have a streamlined design making it easy to navigate a wide assortment of natural foods, hard goods and pet services. Friendly, knowledgeable staff get to know each pet and their owner by name and provide playful store experiences to remind them just how fun it is to own a pet. Pet Supplies Plus stores are large enough to house an incredible variety of food and equipment, yet small enough to still feel neighborly.
Pet Supplies Plus is ranked No. 46 overall in Entrepreneur Magazine's 2019 Franchise 500 list and is the Top Full-Service Pet Supplies Franchise for its exceptional performance in areas including financial strength and stability, growth rate and system size. For more information, please visit www.petsuppliesplus.com. EOE STATEMENT
We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.