Profile Technician-1 - B Shift Position Overview
- Making machine/process adjustments on line and on computer. Effectively utilize various software packages as they apply to the Profile line.
- Visual and audio inspections of the profile process and machinery.
- Following the specific instructions on each order.
- Maintaining operation of the profile process as well as: visual inspection of the quality of the product and visual control of the profile line to include but not limited to defects and grading.
- Monitoring information such as what material is in the process or available including inventory, actual levels and usage rates. Create and maintain spreadsheets and graphs. Completing reports as needed.
- Maintain the integrity and security of an array of sensitive and technical tools.
- Troubleshoot and execute repairs of equipment causing or contributing to safety, quality, downtime/productivity opportunities and issues
- Train new technicians
- Present information to management
- Execute assigned or scheduled work orders in support of projects and process improvement (PI) efforts identified as critical to business objectives
- Maintain manufacturing process and support equipment to highest, reasonable performance levels to include mechanical systems
- Learn and grow in knowledge of maintenance practices and equipment performance, understanding their impact on manufacturing processes and business objectives
- Provide feedback on job assignment needs and improvement opportunities with peers and leadership
- Assist the Department Lead in the daily production of quality Rigid Core Board flooring in the safest, most efficient and productive manner, by utilizing established methods and procedures.
- Must have the ability to perform basic reading, writing, and math.
- Must be able to pass a color blindness and vision test.
- Must be familiar with or willing to learn current computer systems and software.
- Must be able to operate a lift truck once trained.
- Must have the ability to be cross trained for other jobs.
- A high-school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work holidays, weekends, and overtime as required.
- Passion and track record of achieving results
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels of associates.
- Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions.
- Resume is strongly recommended
- Previous manufacturing experience.
- Laminating / Milling / Extrusion process experience
- Experience with continuous manufacturing processes.
- Internal Job Posting
Internal Job Posting
12 hours, night shift
Shaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 606677678Posted: 2021-02-15