SPC Extrusion Lead - B Shift Position OverviewPosition Objective:
The purpose of this position is to lead production associates as they create high performing customer centric flooring products.Responsibilities:
- This individual will lead a team of approximately 5 hourly associates to achieve targets established for safety, service, quality, cost, and continuous improvement. This position reports to the Production Supervisor.
- An ideal candidate will have leadership experience in a manufacturing environment using vinyl extrusion, calendering and vinyl lamination processes and with a proven record of achieving results. Also a demonstrated record of participating in a safety oriented culture and a leadership style which engages associates.
- Drive efforts to achieve and maintain world-class production, quality and safety metrics.
- Use critical path thinking to assure production activities are in compliance with company policies and procedures to include environmental and safety compliance.
- Directly empower all team members and support associates to achieve personal, plant and company goals.
- Supports safe behavior/awareness programs and provide a strong safety presence on the plant floor
- Assist the Production Supervisors in the daily production of quality luxury vinyl in the safest, most efficient and productive manner, by utilizing established methods and procedures.
- Assist in the training and assessment of new hires/transfers to the department. Ensuring that they are able to perform their jobs as outlined in the applicable job descriptions.
- Insure product is always being manufactured to the proper specifications.
- Assist the Production Supervisor in waste reduction and productivity efforts.
- Assist the production associates to optimize productivity and continuous improvement of his or her assigned area, including recognizing and troubleshooting problems in the manufacturing process.
- Communicate between shifts to insure proper handoff to the following shift
- Lead by example as a positive, team-oriented employee.
- High School diploma/GED or 2 years Laminating experience
- Passion and track record of achieving results
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels of associates.
- Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions.
- Experience with continuous manufacturing processes.
Previous vinyl manufacturing experience in LVT, PVC, vinyl extrusion, etc
Laminating / Milling / Extrusion process experience Work Shift
12 hours, night shift
Shaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 606677701Posted: 2021-03-26Job Title: Shift