Job Location: Delhi, LA
Summary: The Maintenance Technician will have a strong mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, pneumatics, and hydraulic work experience or training. 3-5 + years’ experience is desired to be considered for this opening or relevant training/education in lieu of on the job experience.
- Be a first-responding problem solver who can troubleshoot and diagnose equipment breakdowns to determine specific malfunctioning issues and tackle them accordingly
- Maximize equipment reliability by effectively performing assigned work orders and PMs. Ensure complete and effective repairs. Proactively initiate work orders based on PM observations.
- Integration of electrical and mechanical parts in complex electro-mechanical systems (e.g. sensors, motors, power supplies, relays, fittings, valves, pumps, etc.)
- Ability to understand detailed technical information
- Ability to work safely and follow all procedures, policies and processes
- Looks for opportunities to continually improve maintenance processes.
- Effectively monitor and adhere to maintenance KPI’s
- Exhibit and mandate safe working and 5S housekeeping practices to the team
- Electro-mechanical knowledge with troubleshooting methodologies, to get to root cause of equipment issues. PLC experience desired.
- A flexible work schedule and the ability to work overtime on short notice.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts in a fast paced environment
- Critical thinking ability to troubleshoot and detect malfunctioning
- Self-discipline to execute tasks without procrastination
- Proficiency in the proper use of power and hand tools.
- Reliability in attendance and punctuality, including breaks and lunch periods.
- Ability to be a team player with enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work well done; self-starter dedicated to continual quality improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer and math skills
- Comfortability with inside and outside areas of a typical manufacturing facility, which includes working with and around large machinery, variations in temperature, noise, odors, humidity, and dust
Education and Work Requirements:
- 3-5 years of training and experience with plant instrumentation/electrical/controls troubleshooting and repair
- Technical degree with Industrial Maintenance core courses preferred
- Forklift training/certification preferred
- OSHA training preferred
Hydro employees can enjoy several benefits including:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Parental Leave
We are Hydro, a global family of 34,000 people, present in a broad range of market segments for aluminium, energy, metal recycling, batteries and renewables, offering a unique wealth of knowledge and competence.
We have a proud history and are committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future by developing natural resources into innovative products and solutions. In doing so, we truly believe that our People matter the most to make the difference.
Posting ID: 607081539Posted: 2021-03-21Job Title: Maintenance Technician