CANDIDATES MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING IN MECHANICAL CONTRACTING or THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY and ALSO MUST HAVE QUICKBOOKS EXPERIENCE!!
Our client is a Full-Service HVAC Maintenance Provider that has been family owned business since they were established in 1985. Throughout the years they have cultivated an outstanding relationship with a vast clientele whose needs are the top priority. They offer a full line of services including repairs, refurbishing, service contract, maintenance for commercial and residential properties.
Due to continued growth, they seek a well-qualified Bookkeeper with Mechanical/HVAC Construction background to handle all payroll (including pay differentials), Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Cash Flow management, General Ledger, human resources, and tax functions. The controller monitors the company’s financial status, prepares quarterly and annual budgets and manages accounting transactions. To be successful in this role, you should be a hands-on person who will handle all accounting functions in the Company as well get involved in the day-to-day operations of the company.
This is a position that requires flexibility and can “wear many hats”.
Required Credentials and Experience
- Payroll, Payroll Taxes, benefits accruals, time sheet management
- Insurance and Audits with CCIP/OCIP
- Monthly Requisitions AIA/Textura
- Review job costing / work in progress /monthly close outs
- Reconcile A/P and A/R
- Pay bills and submit waivers
- Handle credit card bills, banks, and expenses reconciliations
- Close out small projects: warranty, O&M, reports
- Review COs, complete COs, and follow up with COs
- Order materials and buy out packages
- Enter purchase orders, track tools
- Review submittals/releases
- Compare quotes
- General Office Manager Duties
- Schedule meetings and reviews
- HR issues
Must have expertise with QuickBooks, Outlook, Email, Word and Excel plus many or most of the following skills:
- Work experience as a Controller or similar role in the construction industry
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, procedures and legislation
- Hands-on experience with general ledger accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Experience with cash management and risk assessment
- Good knowledge of accounting software in the Construction Industry
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
Competitive pay scale with an attractive benefits plan including major medical and profit sharing
HVACEXEC.com is a staffing firm specializing in HVAC, Facilities Management, Mechanical Engineering, Building Automation and Energy Conservation Professionals. We strive to offer the highest quality of service and advice to our clients and candidates with dignity and integrity. We look forward to being of assistance and advice to you in your career aspirations. http://www.linkedin.com/in/robcohlan
Posting ID: 607083578Posted: 2021-03-21Job Title: Bookkeeper Controller