Forbes has named Perdue Farms a "Best Employer for Diversity" in 2020. We're honored that Forbes recognizes our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into its second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food. Overview
The Perdue Foods fully cooked, ready to eat, further-processing facility in Concord, N.C. (minutes from Charlotte) is hiring a Complex Maintenance Manager.
The Complex Maintenance Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and analyzing working methodologies to improve factory efficiency and reliability, increasing asset utilization, reducing cost. Provides technical and operational support for the plant infrastructure maintenance and Continuous Improvement activities. Drive a strong and robust Maintenance Excellence Program. The Complex Maintenance Manager will sustain a culture of loss control and prevention with a dedicated continuous improvement mindset. As a support function to production, this role will minimize line downtime, assist with process and technical operational improvements and sustain overall equipment reliability. This position will also be responsible for continuing to improve and Promote the plant's BBS (Behavioral Based Safety) program.Manages operations to ensure the safe and timely completion of departmental work by effectively utilizing people, equipment, and materials. Knowledge of infrastructure systems such that the staff and workforce implement safe and effective operations.Working Knowledge of BBS and EAS regulations such that staff and the workforce operate safely and effectively.Understands and Implements a robust 5S Program.Develops and provides training for technical skills, TPM, safety (i.e. LOTO, 6S), and other applicable topics.Effectively communicates change to maintenance teams to reduce barriers to change.Manages the implementation of change i.e. new processes, equipment and ways of working.Works with Training & Development Manufacturing Support Lead to identify and develop a skills matrix.Assists with developing and implementing associated training programs.Possesses an in-depth understanding of individual items of packaging equipment and integrated systems, how they operate, impact on product quality, fault diagnosis & corrective action.Assists corporate engineering with the development and implementation of capital projects.Leads or participates in Process Hazard Analysis studies.Ensures overall quality levels (equipment and department work) and on-time delivery schedules are maintained. Additional Accountabilities
Continuously works on process improvement and department efficiencies. This includes recommendations to improve methods, equipment performance, overall work quality, working conditions, and use of equipment.Develops and deploys maintenance and store improvement programs and projects that improve the plant and equipment performance. Manages the maintenance staff to include hiring, training, and developing the staff to meet the needs of the department. Ensures preventative and predictive maintenance is completed and records are maintained on all assets. Ensures maintenance projects comply with all local, state, and federal safety and environmental requirements and regulations. Develops long-range strategic plans to ensure maintenance requirements are accomplished. Manages capital projects as directed.Assists corporate engineering with the development and implementation of capital projects.Leads or participates in Process Hazard Analysis studies.Manages supervisor/associate activities. This includes evaluation and discipline, overall performance management, training and development, proactively analyzing and resolving workissues,initiating or suggesting plans to motivate workers to achieve goals and effective communication with all associates.Ensures effective management ofparts/materials availability. Notifies appropriate departments, as needed, of potential shortages. Verifiesconformance to specifications and directs any adjustments as needed. Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meetfacility schedules and goals.Other duties as needed. Key Leadership Competencies
Competencies aligned with PERDUE'S VISION, PURPOSE & VALUES are required.
Experience & Educational Requirements
- Superior Relationship Management Skills -Excels atdeveloping, inspiring, and influencingothers without sacrificing accountability.
- Aggressive Self-Starter - The ideal candidate must naturally aspire to surpass benchmarks, exceed goals, and understand that your team's results are directly affected by your passion, commitment, resourcefulness, resilience, and leadership.
- High Energy - Desire to Exceed All Targets. The ideal candidate is a natural leader, motivator, and change agent with extraordinary leadership and people skills,
- Technology - Must possess complete proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experience with Kronos preferred.
- Must have excellent communication and change management skills.
- Ability to resolve issuesin a tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Proficient in leading meetings utilizing detail visual aids to reflect department performance metrics.
Must have 5+ years' experience. Must have a solid understanding of maintenance management systems and processes, preventative and predictive maintenance, manufacturing technologies and standard software applications. Requires strong communication skills, math, organizational and analytical skills.Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.CMRP, Six Sigma, Lean Certifications Preferred. Health, Safety & Quality Essentials
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
- Proactively identify and resolve safety concerns under respective maintenance area of responsibility.
- Observe and conform to all corporate EH&S guidelines and procedures.
- Adhere to established Lockout/Tag-out Programs.
- Actively participate in local plant's safety program.
- Follow all PPE guidelines as per the site's regulations.
- Maintain a clean, organized work environment within the maintenance parts room.
- Conform to all ergonomic assessment requirements.
- Comply to GMP and corporate quality SOP's
- Understanding of maintenance impact on plant's Micro goals and support Micro prevention practices
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Position requiresthe ability to move throughout the complex and all facilities.
- Exposure consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
- May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity.
- May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
- May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db
- May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility.
- Must be able to climb vertical heights (0 – 150') carrying tools and equipment (0 – 50 lbs.).
- Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
- May need to move equipment occasionally.
- May need to access files, supplies, and equipment.