OWATONNA MNCROWN CORK & SEAL, 2929 W BRIDGE STREETSEEKING LACQUER SPRAY MACHINE OPERATOR - 4 ON 4 OFF, 6AM-6PMPURPOSE:
The Lacquer Spray Machine (L.S.M.) Operators are responsible for the proper application of the lacquer spray coating to the inside of the can in compliance with quality control specifications. They have primary control of the processing of cans from the point of infeeding of cans into the conveying above the spray machines, until they reach the Internal Bake Ovens (I.B.O.'s). SAFETY:
Maintain a safety awareness attitude in daily performance of their assigned task and to be alert to the safety of fellow employees. Items include, but not limited to maintaining proper utilization of all required personal protective equipment, comply with lock out/tag out, etc.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Clearing can jams from Lacquer Spray Machines and from upper conveyors.
- Check and monitor the following:
Overall quality of cans
Lacquer pressure of LSMs
Temperature of lacquer
Copper sulfate checks on flanges
- Complete and record required process control checks, including:
*Metal exposure of cans
*Weight of lacquer on inside of cans
*Film weight distribution
- Maintain cleanliness of machines including the spray nozzles, turrent wheels, lacquer overspray boxes, machine exterior and general work area.Follow all safety procedures and PPE requirements.
- Perform routine maintenance including the setting of guns, nozzles, can guides and spray delay.
- Perform preventative maintenance which includes the replacement of drive and conveyor belts to the oven, tips, rails, guns, lacquer and vacuum filters.
- Follow proper material handling procedures, which includes proper disposal of waste lacquer and labeling of waste barrels.
- Perform Equipment Set-up Evaluations (ESE) on LSMs after adjustment or changes are made.
- Monitor and assist other production processes on the Back End to ensure a constant flow of cans into and through the LSM process.
- Other duties as required.
Job Requirements REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS:
- Basic Mechanical Skills.
- Basic computer skills to perform data entry.
- Knowledge of SPC programs and be able to interpret SPC data for trends, principles graphs charts.
- Know how to complete and document an ESE for the LSMs.
- Working knowledge of the operation, setup, preventative maintenance & repair, and troubleshooting in the LSM process.
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Posting ID: 607448835Posted: 2021-03-04