Manufacturing Supervisor (12hr Nights) Position Overview
Lead the Profile department including the team members and support staff as we create high performing customer-centric flooring products. Lead a team of hourly associates to achieve targets established for safety, service, quality, cost, and continuous improvement. Reports to the Department Manager. 12 hour nights shiftDuties and responsibilities:
- Drive efforts to achieve and maintain world-class production, quality and safety metrics.
- Use critical path thinking to assure production activities are in compliance with company policies and procedures to include environmental and safety compliance.
- Directly empower all team members and support associates to achieve personal, plant and company goals.
- Foster collaborative relationships with business partners in Lean Enterprise,
- Human Resources, Plant Maintenance and others
- Conduct safety audits, lead safety training, behavior/awareness programs, and provide a strong safety presence on the plant floor.
- Schedules and supervises manufacturing resources to meet production goals established by operations management in alignment with business goals and objectives
- Work with the EH&S leader to drive a comprehensive safety program to meet OSHA and Shaw safety requirements.
- Responsible for goal setting and performance management
- Assist in preparation of budgets and standards for cost measurement and manages operations within that budget.
- Ensure that all manufactured goods meet the appropriate finished product specification.
- Challenge yourself to constantly improve your plant, your fellow associates and the company always exemplifying the Shaw core values of honesty, integrity and passion.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Plan and Organize
- Facilitate Change
- Drive Results
- Build Trusting Relationships
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Minimum of 2-years previous leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Passion and track record of achieving results
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels of associates.
- Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions.
- Proven ability to improve processes and provide/carry out cost reduction initiatives.
- Proven ability to establish positive employee relations.
- Experience with continuous manufacturing processes.
12 hours, night shift
Shaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 607681384Posted: 2021-02-19Job Title: Manufacturing Supervisor Night