Pharmacy Technician - Inbound Call Center (ICC)
Your opportunity awaits at Associated Food Stores. If you want to work for a growing company with over 75 years of success, join our award-winning team! The AFS Corporate Headquarters, located in Salt Lake City, Utah, boasts numerous career opportunities in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry. Team members enjoy great benefits like tuition reimbursement, health insurance, 401(k) matching, employee discounts, and paid time off. Be part of a company that truly cares about your personal growth and giving back to the community through meaningful service and charitable giving.
This Pharmacy Technician will assist the Pharmacist with the operation of the inbound call center pharmacy (ICC). Provide support to AFS Corporate pharmacies via phone and data entry. Deliver excellent customer service while complying with federal and state laws, store policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to telephone requests from customers, physicians and vendors.
- Make outbound pharmacy telephone calls as needed.
- Document all calls in the pharmacy management system.
- Perform new and refill prescription data entry and resolve data entry related exceptions.
- Accept refill requests from patients and providers.
- Receive fax, e-mail and other electronic forms of inbound communications.
- Process prior authorizations and assist in other billing issues as needed.
- Resolve third party rejections by reviewing, gathering information, marking corrections, and resubmitting according to individual plan requirements.
- Contribute accurate, friendly customer service in a timely fashion.
- Assist the pharmacist in any/all tasks associated with patient care.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Must hold a valid Pharmacy Technician license in the State of Utah.
- Must complete continuing education hours as required by law.
- Ability to adapt to changes in schedules, and work priorities as business and customer needs demand.
- Ability to cooperate with others and work as part of a team.
- Must complete all required state, federal and company training programs.
Posting ID: 607689450Posted: 2021-02-19Job Title: Technician