Why join our team? As a locally owned company, we value our team members and offer an excellent benefits program that includes health insurance, vision and dental care, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, employee discounts, flexible scheduling, opportunities for advancement and more. Come work for a company that gives back to the community through charitable donations and service, supports local commerce, and cares about your personal development. With your people skills and passion for service, you'll help create a shopping experience so good that customers can't imagine shopping anywhere else. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for preparing, slicing, wrapping, weighing, pricing, and merchandising the department's deli products
- Maintain high standards for product freshness, cleanliness, and sanitation
- Inform guests about our deli products and services
- Help increase sales by handing out food samples and by recommending additional items to guests
- Possess sufficient knowledge and ability to teach others the fundamentals of deli production, including mixing, scaling, slicing, cooking, frying and finishing
- Maintain a high-level of coordination and communication with other departments to ensure a smooth flow of products and service throughout the store and within the deli operation
- Maintain adequate and appropriate department records at all times
- Demonstrate maximum customer relations through friendly and courteous behavior
MINIMUM AGE: 18 YearsPlease note:
weekend shifts are required (Sundays as applicable)
Work is generally performed in a safe and comfortable store environment with the possibility of frequent exposure to hot or cold conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to grasp, push, pull, carry, stoop, twist, crouch, and reach; perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and eye, hand and foot coordination; hear and respond to customer inquiries. Also requires standing, walking and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 30 pounds from location to location. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associated Food Stores is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Posting ID: 607689532Posted: 2021-02-19Job Title: Deli Clerk