About TriMark USA
TriMark USA is one of the nation's largest providers of design and build services, equipment and supplies to the foodservice industry. TriMark offers operators an unrivaled level of customized service by combining the hands-on support and local market knowledge of a strong, regional supplier with the purchasing strength, industry expertise, and delivery capabilities of a national company. We partner with our customers, which include national chains, independent restaurants, healthcare facilities, K-12 and universities, entertainment venues, and many other segments, providing tailored solutions and essential products to operate with greater efficiency and realize better bottom line results. Our aim every day is to serve with excellence, meeting the needs of foodservice professionals so they can achieve their culinary vision.
The Warehouse Assistant will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the activities of the Warehouse team on second shift.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Assist the Shipping Supervisor in the distribution and maximum efficiency of work by determining work procedures and schedules
- Set the tone for employee relations through policy administration and communication
- Partner with internal departments to complete Shipping responsibilities, assure accuracy of shipments and meet shipping schedules, as well as complete billing documents and documentation for accounting
- Assist Supervisor in ensuring that orders are picked and processed to meet customer timelines and emergency orders are expedited
- Research picking and shipping errors to determine root cause and recommend and implement corrective actions
- Work with Inventory counts to ensure and improve accuracy
- Reinforce company safety policies and procedures with team members
Other projects and duties to assist the Shipping Supervisor as needed.
Competencies, Skills and Abilities
- Must have strong computer skills, including strong Excel skills
- Detail oriented, hands on, and a positive, strong work ethic is key
- Forklift Certification is desirable, as well as the ability to continuously lift up to 75 lbs throughout a shift, bend, stoop, push and pull.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma required
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- This job operates in a professional warehouse environment. The role may routinely use standard warehouse equipment such as dock doors, dock plates, forklifts, two-wheel dollies, pallet jacks, computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel objects/tools/controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 75 pounds.
- The employee must occasionally slide, pull, or roll loads over 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus