Job ID: 264979
Pike Industries, Inc., a subsidiary and integral part of CRH, is a leading Highway Contractor and the largest producer of Hot Mix Asphalt and Construction Aggregates in New England. Pike has experienced continual growth over the years and currently employs nearly 1,000 people throughout NH, ME and VT. The dedication, knowledge, and quality workmanship of our employees is what makes the company such a great success. If you're looking for a challenging career at a company that will reward your efforts, look no further. Take the first step and apply for an exciting opportunity to gain top notch industry experience and pave the road to your success. All Roads Lead Here! Intern-Quality Control (Waterford, Vermont):
We are seeking a safety minded, self-motivated individual to fill our QC Internship position.As an intern within our QC team, the selected candidate will learn about the quality control process and the practices Pike Industries follows in order to reach and maintain a high standard of quality with all of our products. The intern will be exposed to a variety of quality control processes which will include conducting testing to determine quality of raw materials, as well as testing to determine quality of installed hot mix asphalt. Throughout the internship there will be opportunities to travel to other QC labs throughout Vermont with qualified staff. Position based out of our Waterford, VT facility. Classification: Non-Exempt Student hourly position.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Must be committed to providing and promoting a safe work environment.
- The ideal candidate must be enrolled (planning to enroll) in a college degree program.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to write reports and analyze raw data.
- Basic computer skills
- Extended Hours with possible night and/or weekend work as well as overnights
- Willingness to travel to other Pike Locations thought Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont
- A valid driver's license
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americashas a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Pike Industries, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on thislink.
Date Posted:Mar 23, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Posting ID: 608226546Posted: 2021-04-20Job Title: Intern Quality Control