If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire an experienced Payroll Manager who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
The Payroll Manager is responsible for Adventist HealthCare payroll processes and services. This role develops and monitors all tasks necessary to accomplish the organization's payroll processing objectives. The Payroll Manager leads business improvements of systems used internally in support of pay processes. This role also assists with the development and execution of payroll strategies related to procedural efficiency and system improvements. Ensures payroll is processed in accordance with established policies and procedures while meeting all compliance requirements.
As a Payroll Manager you will:
• Supervise payroll staff and provide leadership and guidance including coaching, mentoring, training, disciplining and evaluating staff members.
• Ensure timely processing of bi-weekly payrolls for 6,000+ employees using Workday and Kronos
• Ensure all employees are paid accurately and that inquires, and payment issues are resolved in a timely manner, and in accordance with policy
• Ensures appropriate segregation of duties within department and to work with AHC internal and external auditors to ensure payroll audits and requests for data are provided timely and accurately.
• Ensure the accuracy and timely filing of federal and state withholding forms as well as year-end reporting obligations
• Represent payroll team on various projects, whether related to system upgrades, AHC growth initiatives, or other strategic initiatives.
• Access employee data and interpret payroll results using Workday and Kronos system
• 5+ years of payroll experience, including at least 2 years of supervisory experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field preferred
• Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation is preferred
• Solid understanding of federal and state wage and hour laws including payroll, taxes, withholding, deductions, and garnishments
• Thorough understanding of payroll processing, procedures, and payroll tax reports
• Knowledge of tax reciprocity rules and regulations
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
• Work life balance through non rotating shifts
• Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
• Free Employee parking
• Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
• 100% Coverage for inpatient care – at Adventist HealthCare facilities
• 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide – after copay
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist HealthCare team today! Apply now to be considered.
Full-time days, Monday - Friday.
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment.Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at an designated Adventist HealthCare location.
Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants' religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.