At Ridgeline Telecom we create paths that propel information at the speed of light. You have a “get it done” attitude and are willing to go the extra mile to achieve the business objectives!
As a Civil Engineer with Ridgeline Telecom, you will be responsible for assisting the project teams with detailed engineering analysis in the preparation of engineering reports, permit applications and telecommunications construction plan preparation. The ideal candidate must be well versed and knowledgeable with telecommunications, CATV, public utility infrastructure and power transmission facilities.
- Perform various engineering assignments that require the application of standard techniques and procedures.
- Development of final design documents and edit technical specifications as needed.
- Collect data and gather information or documents.
- Identify bonding and grounding requirements.
- Analyze complex problems requiring the development of new or improved techniques or procedures.
- Independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
- Solve design problems using engineering calculations and following general design standards.
- Establish project controls and ensure accuracy and quality in plans.
- Ensure project feasibility through continual evaluation of structural integrity and design practicality.
- Analyze photographs, drawings, and maps to inform the direction of projects as well as the overall budget constraints.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains project database by writing computer programs, entering data, and completing backups.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; and advising management on needed actions.
- All other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Current CA Professional Engineer license required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in civil engineering
- Working knowledge of codes, regulations, and standards applicable to the design and construction of major site development projects in California
- Ability to interpret state and local design criteria and apply it to the specific project needs.
- Ability to independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques and criteria using sound judgment.
- Excellent leadership, communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and AutoCAD Civil 3D software
- Knowledge of easement, right-of-way, and permit documents is preferred.
- Experience and understanding of outside plant construction techniques a plus.
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a team.
- Must have good communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Commitment to client service, teammate success, quality, and safety
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Robust suite of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, FSA, EAP
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off and Sick time
- 7 paid company holidays
- Casual work environment
- Awesome consumer discounts
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 608829030Posted: 2021-03-21Job Title: Civil Engineer