Do you have a knack for making people feel comfortable in uncomfortable situations? Want to build people’s confidence by helping them love their smile? Then we want to talk to you about our dental hygienist position.
Our growing dental practice needs a dental hygienist that will help our patients actually enjoy their cleanings and appointments! This is a full-time position at our office in Washington D.C. with benefits.
Some of your duties as a dental hygienist will include:
- Bringing patients back and checking their paperwork
- Cleaning teeth, taking X-rays (Dexis for Mac and Nomad X-ray Machine), applying sealants
- Screening patients for gum disease and other disorders of the mouth
- Instructing on proper brushing and flossing techniques and good oral hygiene
- Assisting other hygienists and the Doctors
- Contacting patients about follow-up procedures
- Working with appliances to maintain sterilization standards
- Consistent cross-training for optimum career growth
OUR PRACTICE CARES!!
We take pride in being able to provide our patients and team members an added layer of protection. While we consistently follow all regulations and guidelines we also offer the following:
- single doctor and single hygiene office = small patient base and less volume of patients seen in a day
- one hour hygiene visits = plenty of time to perform quality hygiene as well as disinfect rooms for the next patient
- dental leaf HVE for additional intra-oral aerosol suction
- individual operatory air filtration/purifier
- COVID-related PPE provided: surgical gowns, face shields, KN95 masks
- pre-procedural policies including patient questionnaires, in-office temperatures acquired, oral rinses, etc.
Experience is a plus, but it’s certainly not required. We will be happy to train the right person with the licensing credentials (RDH applicants from outside states, DC licence fee allowance ), a great attitude, and a helping heart! Our ideal candidate will be comfortable with Apple/Mac computers as we use MacPractice & Dexis X-ray Patient Software Systems.
If these sound like you, please apply!
- You’ve got a calming demeanor that puts people instantly at ease.
- You have the patience of a kindergarten teacher.
- You’re personable and friendly – people smile when they are around you.
- You connect with people quickly and easily.
- You feel that every patient deserves red carpet treatment.
- Your reputation for honesty and integrity is legendary.
- You take pride and ownership in your work – whatever you do, you do it well.
- You see yourself as an integral part of your team’s success (because we will).
- You’re always up for learning something new, and you master new skills quickly.
- You love to see other people happy and thriving, and you’ll do whatever you can to help them get there.
- Healthcare and Dental Benefits available
- 401 (k)
- OFF-STREET PARKING!!!
Nishan Halim is a growing dental practice that offers small town charm with state of the art dentistry. We love to come to work every day because we love what we do and we’ve built an office culture that can’t be beat. If you’re looking to join a team that feels like a family, where your efforts will always be appreciated, and where you will be valued for the amazing person you are, apply now!
We value your time, so we’ll be back in touch with you very quickly.
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 608900328Posted: 2021-03-21Job Title: Dental Hygienist