POSITION: Installer Technician - Level 4
Leading national provider of operations, maintenance, and engineering services for critical telecommunication and renewable energy infrastructure across the United States.
The Installer Technician Level 4 will provide detailed installation, removal, and maintenance of Telco Remote Terminal and Central Office equipment, Transmission, and Fiber systems with a minimum of supervision. This role will create and update system records and audits and will require key required computer skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must have mastered all installation skills per Telco Standard TP76300.and be able to perform all the duties of the Installer Level 4 with a high degree of competence and accuracy.
- Mastered comprehensive equipment installation skills on a wide variety of installations and systems including AC/DC Power systems, low/high-density fiber systems, Remote Terminals, Central Office Infrastructure, and supervisory / alarm systems.
- Familiar with system integration requirements of common Telecom equipment utilizing computers, test equipment, and testing/diagnostic software.
- Must be able to do test and turn-up on equipment utilizing computers, test equipment, and testing/diagnostic software. Must be able to assist other employees in these procedures.
- Supervise lower-level installers in basic installation and testing requirements.
- High level of understanding of all company policies and practices, safety procedures, paperwork, and administrative requirements. Will review subordinate's time and expense documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Comply with system update requirements of all company/customer installation documents.
- Ability to resolve any project related issues utilizing defined processes.
- Read, understand, and apply job/equipment specifications, installation documents, schematics, and test records. Demonstrated proficiency in generating MOP’s, High-risk activity reports, work schedules, test records, and project completion reports.
- Perform in-process and final quality audits to ensure all items meet or exceed industry and/or customer standards.
- Work on multiple projects which may have several locations.
- Ability to interface with customers, vendors, and other company employees in the completion of, testing of, and turning up of equipment.
EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 6+ years installation experience or combination of experience and training as determined by company management. Some prior leadership experiences.
- Experience with AT&T DEG RT C&E installation and maintenance (strong plus)
- High school diploma with two years technical school or a combination of training and experience related to the communications installation field.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have proficient laptop computer skills and applications, including use of computer programs for diagnosis.
- Travel is required in and surrounding regional territory, as required. Some overnight travel may be required on a weekly basis. Expenses paid by the employer.
- Travel required in your home region and occasionally in US without restrictions, as required. Expenses paid by the employer
- Prior team leadership experience
- Fully understands all company/customer policies and procedures and safety requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams) skills
- Possess a variety of personal tools necessary to complete advanced assignments and installations
- Must be able to vertically lift 50lbs. Required to stand, walk, climb ladders, and crawl in tight spaces.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to pass all pre-employment background checks and must be insurable.
- Possess a wide variety of tools necessary to complete the more advanced assignment and installations.
WHAT IS OFFERED
The company offers a family-friendly and innovative culture with opportunities for growth, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance), paid time off, and a 401k retirement savings plan with a 3% match. Also provided are a company vehicle, phone, laptop, or tablet, and all necessary tools and safety equipment.
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 608901552Posted: 2021-03-21Job Title: Technician Level