Job Title Warehouse Supervisor -2nd SHIFT
Location: Methuen Perishable Distribution Center
Reports To Warehouse Superintendent
Department: Supply Chain Warehouse Operations
FLSA Status Exempt - Salaried
Effective Date February 26, 2021-March 8, 2021
Supervises Warehouse shipping and receiving activities and employees for a specific shift/area (i.e. inventory control) to ensure functions are performed within Company and Distribution Center guidelines. Provides excellent customer service to stores serviced through accurate handling of inbound and outbound product.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Coordinates with Inventory Control employees regarding slotting, product rotation and space allocation.
* Schedules and supervises of shipping/receiving employees.
* Controls production standards, accuracy of shipments and receiving, using proper accuracy programs and systems.
* Maintains daily production and accuracy records.
* Processes store returns and return to vendors using proper Company policies.
* Conducts daily crew meeting to discuss safety, productivity and accuracy.
* Communicates with Transportation on the flow and receipt of backhauls.
* Supervises scheduling of inbound load appointments.
* Responsible to sign for, sort and distribute inbound, overnight carrier and mail service deliveries.
* Walks warehouse daily, with Superintendent, to ensure that safety, security, sanitation and pest control codes, laws, and policies are maintained.
* Ensures the most economical and efficient use of equipment and personnel to accomplish assigned work.
* Develops and maintains good working relationship with all departments.
* Assigned Order Selectors, Receiving, Shipping or any other Warehouse personnel (i.e. inventory auditors).
Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Possess strong general knowledge of all warehousing operations and inventory control with prior work experience to include lead person or supervisory duties, preferably with the Company.
* Possess good supervisory skills and the ability to work with and through others to achieve desired results.
* Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to read and interpret computerized reports.
* Requires the analytical ability to handle administrative duties and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough completion of work activities. Possess the ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions.
* Basic computer skills required and personal computer experience helpful, with word processing and spreadsheet applications.
* During part of the workday the incumbent will be moving about the Distribution Center warehouse floor and potential hazards exist in regard to machinery such as forklifts, pallet jacks, mechanized systems, movement of tractors and trailers, etc.
* Temperatures in the warehouse may vary between 32 to 55 degrees. Noise levels in all areas are within acceptable tolerance ranges for those specific work areas.
* Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at a desk or computer terminal.
* Incumbent will use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of the workday.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policy and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each department and/or location.
SHAW'S SUPERMARKET'S, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER