Come join us with a $500 sign on bonus! Direct Support Professional (2nd Shift)- Cedar Lake Lodge
Do you thrive in an environment dedicated to nurturing and caring? Do you want to be of service to those who need encouragement? Can you provide support as well as compassion? Do you take pride in being an integral member of a team? This is the job for you! We hope you will consider a career opportunity within our organization and become a part of our ever-growing Cedar Lake family. Click here to see a day in the life as a Cedar Lake DSP.
Cedar Lake is the region's largest private, non-profit care provider for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We focus on two main objectives: to offer compassionate, capable care for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and to create meaningful interactions between the people we support and those in the community without disabilities. We strive to hire qualified staff that have a professional skill set with the heart of a servant - delivering care with compassion.
We are looking for people interested in providing service and support to the individuals living in our Cedar Lake Lodge community. The ideal employee will have the following qualities and skills:
This position requires:
- Compassionate understanding of persons with Intellectual Disabilities.
- Ability to work with participants of all developmental levels and disabilities, including behavioral issues that can be challenging.
- Ability to observe and assist in tasks from family visits to recreational activities to personal hygiene to physical therapy.
- Be able to work around loud or disruptive noises and to adapt to change.
- Ability to work as a team member. This requires compromise, negotiation and assertiveness skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete work on time. Good language and writing skills. Computer skills preferred. Must have good organizational skills,
- Physical strength, stamina and flexibility to be able to lift and transfer adult participants.
- Flexibility to meet participant/client's needs, which may require weekend & evening coverage as needed.
- Understanding of confidentiality and its importance in a healthcare environment.
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Valid Driver's License
Our benefits include: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K, Engagement bonus, Access of earn wages between paychecks.
Screening Requirements for this position include: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, CAN, KBN, Sex Offender Registry Check
Cedar Lake operates in Jefferson, Oldham and Henry counties, has 38 properties, and support 260 people with a staff of 460. An array of residential options and support services are offered from 24/7 support for the most medically fragile, to intermittent support for those who live independently.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
#recruiting #recruitment #jobs #hiring #jobsearch #hr #job #recruiter #staffing #humanresources #employment #work #career #careers #nowhiring #business #football #jobhunt #recruitmentagency #recruiters #jobseeker #jobseekers #collegefootball #hiringnow #resume #jobopening #covid #staffingagency #college #bhfyp #compassionatecare #staffing #helpothers