What's Our Vision and Purpose?
At Manhattan Beer Distributors
, our vision is to be the leading beer distributor in the market.
Imagine building a business from the ground up, with nothing more than 1 truck, 4000 feet of warehouse space, 2 Beer Brands and a lot of determination! Simon Bergson, founder and owner of Manhattan Beer Distributors, has done exactly this, growing our business over the last 40 years to exponential heights. Manhattan Beer Distributors now has 1.5 million feet of warehouse space, the distribution rights to 300 brands, 400 trucks and services 15 counties. Our aim is to provide great service to all of our customers from the convenience store owner to our big chain operators, restaurants, bars and hotels.
Hard work, grit and a "can do" spirit are our hallmarks.
Come Join Our Family…..
We couldn't do what we do without our team. Not only do we want to develop our brands and our business, we want to develop our people, making Manhattan Beer Distributors a great place to work. It doesn't matter how large we get, we'll always be family. For this reason, we are committed to your success, coaching and development.
Our business is growing and we need smart and talented people like you to help us get where we want to be!Opportunity Awaits!
Are you a team player, enjoy creating relationships and have a passion for being out on the road? Looking for great benefits and compensation? If so, Manhattan Beer Distributors is looking for drivers at our Wyandanch warehouse.
Our drivers are essential to success at Manhattan Beer and we value their hard work. That's why we want the best of the best-YOU!
How Will You Contribute?Your Main Focus Will Be:
- Making sure the truck is accurately loaded with product before the run.
- Loading and unloading product while safely utilizing all equipment including hand trucks, dollies and pallet jacks.
- Completing all routed daily deliveries and delivering our products in good condition.
- Picking up empties and broken bottles at accounts.
- Reconciling collection of payment at the end of the route.
- Reporting and resolving (when possible) any customer service issues along the route through the appropriate channels.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and operation of your vehicle.
- Observing safety procedures and DOT regulations in the warehouse and on the road at all times.
- Adhering to standards of professionalism, safety and courtesy at all times when dealing with customers.
- Effectively using all technological devices to achieve delivery goals.
- Attending and completing all necessary training requirements for the role.
- Rotating customer product as required to avoid expired or bad product.
- Must have 6 months of driving experience
- Must be 21 years of age
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of individuals
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Clean CDL Class A or B license, with Air Brake endorsement
- Current DOT medical card
- Ability to read a map and follow a route
- Physically able to lift weight in excess of 175 pounds
- Must be comfortable dealing with potentially challenging delivery spaces
- Excellent time management and organizational skills