The Centralized Scheduling Manager will be responsible for managing activities in support of the Phoenix division’s construction planning and scheduling efforts. This position is designed to manage coordination with our field construction teams in order to improve cycle times, trade partner performance, and internal/external communications. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in residential construction and experience with Hyphen BuildPro software to manage production schedules in a high-volume environment.
- Manage Job Scheduling / Set-up - This will require communication with the Construction Manager (CM) to provide phase release timing, determine lot readiness, and confirm pre-construction activities are complete to ensure a clean lot start process.
- Updating/Rescheduling – Schedule maintenance to keep Build Pro up to date. This will require daily communications with various community construction teams to identify which, if any, trades/task completion date failures have occurred (and if defects have been submitted) and new task completion dates are confirmed and entered into Build Pro.
- Assist CM’s with purchasing integration issues as needed to eliminate conflicting scheduling and works with construction and purchasing to resolve missing data/PO issues for trades.
- Identify and monitor trends for internal training opportunities and provide refresher training on a regular basis.
- Provide data as needed to internal and external users as needed.
- Scheduling support will require field / on-site visits on an as needed basis.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures as well as team goals that govern this position.
- Have a positive “Can Do” attitude
- Be an ambassador of Meritage Homes
- Maintain professional appearance
- Listen with care
- Communicate clearly and often
- Have an appropriate sense of urgency
- Sincerely care with vested interest of Meritage Homes team
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. College degree in Construction Management preferred.
- Strong construction background
- Clear understanding of homebuilding schedules
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Ability to form strong relationships with both internal and external customers
- Ability to deal with constant change
- Experience with Hyphen Build-Pro software system
- Technical knowledge and skills to manage through computer software programs
- Knowledge and ability to efficiently use current office technology and tools
Are you looking for an incredible career opportunity? Then Meritage Homes is the place for you! From the homes we build to the careers we offer, we believe in quality. Meritage Homes is the ENERGY STAR® Partner of The Year in Sustained Excellence for being a leader in protecting the environment and advancing energy efficiency in homebuilding. We are looking for candidates who are excited about furthering their careers, as well as being a part of an organization that helps people live happier, healthier lives. With over 100,000 homes built, Meritage Homes is looking for professionals who are self-starters and want to help our organization grow by providing new and innovative ideas.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in several ways, including:
- A work environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas from every level
- An organization that lives by its core values everyday
- Team atmosphere where very individual is considered a vital asset
- State of the art technology to provide an optimal working environment
- A competitive pay structure
- Strong benefits
- Flexibility in work-life integration
- Team-oriented environment where all individuals play an integral role in the company
- Opportunity to further your career in a growing national organization
- Maintain a competitive drive to be the best
Posting ID: 609783904Posted: 2021-05-01Job Title: Centralized Scheduling Manager Construction