The Hershey Entertainment and Resorts Safety & Security Department is a key asset to our sweet destination – ensuring that guests and employees are safe, secure, and free to enjoy our many entertainment offerings and events. Join our team and help us keep it sweet!
As part of the Hersheypark Camping Resort Security Team, you will be responsible for maintaining the safety and security of all guests, employees, and physical assets of the Hersheypark Camping Resort; In addition to providing our guests with exceptional customer service, maintaining cleanliness of your work environment, and gaining knowledge of specific job duties. Additionally, our Safety & Security Department offers year round job opportunities working within all areas of our Hershey Entertainment Complex locations: ZooAmerica , Hersheypark Stadium, Hersheypark Arena, GIANT Center and Hershey Theatre where you will be able to work a variety of events and work with great team members. As a Part-Time Security Officer, you will be responsible for maintaining the safety and security of all guests, employees, and property of The Entertainment Complex.
This is a Part-Time seasonal position available for the peak season and continues through the fall and winter shoulder seasons.
This position may provide care, supervision, guidance, or control of children or may have regular, ongoing contact with children that is integral to the responsibilities of the position. As a result, in accordance with Pennsylvania's Child Protective Services Law, newly hired candidates are required to obtain the following clearances: a report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP), Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services (Child Abuse), and Fingerprint-based federal criminal history submitted through the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent (FBI). Completed clearances are required to be submitted prior to starting employment. Job Functions:
- Providing exemplary service to guests and team members.
- Perform patrols of the property and control vehicle/pedestrian traffic when necessary.
- Enforcement of all Company property specific rules and regulations.
- Reporting and reacting to hazardous conditions and emergency situations.
- Create timely and accurate incident reports in the incident tracking system.
- Perform and complete assigned tasks from management as needed.
- Assist guests visiting the property and provide assistance in directing guests to the appropriate camping location.
- Monitor all vehicles and team members entering and exiting the property to ensure all are authorized.
- Consistently practice safe work habits including, but not limited to, use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations.
- Must be 18 Years of age or older.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Prior security experience is preferred.
- Criminal justice/safety/security-related training and experience preferred.
- Must be friendly, upbeat, and work well with other employees and be able to interact well with our guests.
- Must have proficient computer and word processing skills.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work for your scheduled shifts.
- Must be able to speak, write, and understand English.
- Must be detailed oriented and have clear written and verbal communications skills.
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with the Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines.
- Must have the ability to safeguard confidential information.
- Must be able to successfully complete all legal, company, and department training requirements, to include, but not limited to, passing required tests and certifications within established timelines.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign tasks at any time
- Shift hours are 4:00 pm to 2:00 am and 9:00 am to 1:00 pm and include evenings, weekends, and holidays. Schedule is based on business and operational demand and will vary week to week.
- Must be able to work in a combination of indoor and outdoor weather conditions.
- Must be able to stand and walk unassisted for up to 8 hours.
- Physical requirements include minimal sitting and lifting a minimum of 50 pounds.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting ID: 610320323Posted: 2021-05-01Job Title: Hpcr Security Officer, Pt