Cincinnati’s iconic restaurant brand, Gold Star Chili, is seeking candidates to lead our restaurants as Restaurant General Managers. Applicants must have great customer service and leadership skills, enjoy working in a team environment, and have a passion for making every guest, and every employee “Feel Like Family”!
This opportunity is located at: 10 Dave Ave, Lebanon, OH 45036
To be successful in this role, you’ll need leadership skills and experience in the selection, development, mentoring and performance management of employees. We want you to know how to oversee the dining room, check-in with customers and direct staff. You’ll set work schedules, oversee food prep and make sure we comply with restaurant health and safety regulations.
We’ll expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will ensure that our restaurant runs smoothly and that customers have pleasant dining experiences, enticing them to come back and see us time and time again!
The General Manager reports to the District Operations Manager.
THE SUCCESSFUL GENERAL MANAGER:
- Leads all aspects of our business, delivering a high-quality menu and motivating our staff to provide excellent customer service.
- Maintains the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals and oversee the inventory and ordering of food and supplies.
- Ensures efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintaining high production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards.
- Enforces sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness and professional image of restaurant, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensures compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Addresses all employee relations issues with professionalism, tact, and in accordance with state and federal employment laws.
- Is responsible for all aspects of the employee lifecycle, from recruiting, interviewing, hiring, onboarding, training, establishing performance expectations, coaching, providing meaningful feedback, and when necessary terminating hourly employees; keeping our service promise at the heart of all that you do.
- Provide strong presence in local community and high level of community involvement by restaurant and personnel.
- Must be ServSafe certified or willing to obtain certification at company expense, and uphold all ServSafe guidelines.
- Minimum of three plus years’ experience in restaurant management.
- Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must consent to a drug test and background check.
PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing.
- Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance.
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards.
- Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems.
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food and labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities.
- Keeps Director of company stores and training/District manager promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
ABOUT OUR BRAND
The Flavor of Cincinnati since 1965, Gold Star is a regional icon with operations in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. Our mission: to spread Chili Love, making the world a happier place, one Small Batch at a time! We’ll make you feel like family!
- 18 years or older
- 2+ years of experience in the food & restaurant industry
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
- Own a personal vehicle
- Drug screening
- Background check
- Food Service license/certification: ServSafe Food Handler Certification
Posting ID: 610326882Posted: 2021-05-01Job Title: Manager