SUMMARY: Tends laundering machines to clean articles such as rags, towels, and bedding by performing the following duties
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Sorts all linen and separate and treats all stains
- Loads articles into washer and adds specified amount of detergent, soap, or other cleaning agent
- Lifts clean, wet articles from washer and places them successively into dryers for measures time cycles
- Sorts dried articles according to type
- Folds and places items in appropriate locations
- Handles contaminated articles per company, franchise, and OSHA standards
- Maintains the inventory of cleaning supplies and linens and ensures the General Manager is aware of any inventory needs
- Maintains all laundry equipment and informs appropriate personnel of any maintenance needs
- All other duties as assigned
COMPETENCY: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Customer Service –Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Team Work – Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment free environment
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures including but not limited to, dress code policies
- Adaptability – Adapts frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with alternative plan
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner
- Safety & Security – Observes safety and security procedure; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Less than high school education; or up to one month’s related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence/memos; ability to write simple correspondence
REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables
COMPUTER SKILLS: None required
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES: None required
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work in high, precarious places; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to walk, climb or balance stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Posting ID: 610381620Posted: 2021-04-15Job Title: Laundry Attendant