POSITION: SKATING CARHOP
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: MANAGER ON DUTY
STATUS: HOURLY, NON-EXEMPT
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: Serves and delivers quality food in a clean, safe, and efficient manner while roller skating so that guests will have an enjoyable experience at the Sonic Drive-In.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Ensures that temperature, packaging, appearance, presentation, and service of all menu items meet operational standards.
2. Carries and balances a tray weighing up to 25 pounds while roller skating.
3. Greets all guests in a polite and friendly manner with a smile.
4. Delivers and serves quality food and beverages to guests at each delivery point (cars parked in stalls and patio) in a timely manner while roller skating.
5. Displays the importance of placing guests’ needs first on a consistent basis.
6. Responds to guests requests in a respectful manner. Promptly reports complaints to a member of the drive-in management team.
7. Makes accurate change quickly and efficiently.
8. Clears trays and trash from guests’ cars, patio, Drive-Thru parking lot and property while roller skating.
9. Successful completion of assigned Sonic Skating Training Program.
Wears required uniform and appropriate personal protective equipment as outlined in the Sonic Drive-In operations manual.
Performs other job related duties as assigned or required including, but not limited to, preparing drinks, ice cream menu items or taking guests orders when necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Effective communication skills
Basic math and basic reading skills
Ability to roller skate proficiently while balancing and carrying a tray
Ability to roller skate while sweeping
Ability to roller skate while on concrete, tile or wet or dry surfaces
Ability to follow directions
Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
Complies with all Sonic Drive-In Policies and Procedures, and all health and sanitation laws and regulations
Successfully completes and follows requirements of all STAR certification and other Sonic Drive-In training programs
Successfully participates in and completes assigned Sonic Skating Training Program
Continuous standing while on roller skates
Frequent bending, stooping, lifting, stretching and frequent over-head lifting will be required when staging, preparing or packaging menu items and/or cleaning while on roller skates
Frequent skating in and out of drive-in when delivering food
General knowledge and understanding of the restaurant industry or retail operations preferred, but not required.
ENVIRONMENT: Exposure to extreme temperatures based on variable weather conditions.
SONIC MISSION STATEMENT: To become America’s most-loved restaurant brand.
SONIC CORE VALUES
At Sonic, we value:
Respect for everyone touched by the Sonic brand.
Importance of relationships as a way of life.
Doing different, special and better things to surprise and delight everyone touched by the
Posting ID: 610397811Posted: 2021-05-12Job Title: Carhop