At Perficient you'll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you'll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world's biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We're proud to be publicly recognized as a "Top Workplace" year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient is proud to be one of just 38 partners recognized as a Microsoft National Solution Provider (NSP) Partner, and one of only seven Global NSP Partners. This distinction means that we are considered to be one of the top Solution Providers in the country (and the world). We architect, design and implement digital experience, business optimization, and industry-focused, integrated solutions leveraging Microsoft technologies across a variety of practice areas. In 2017, Perficient has been named Messaging Partner of the Year, globally! Perficient has been honored to be named as Microsoft's US National Partner of the Year two years in a row (2016 and 2015) as well Microsoft's Healthcare Provider Partner of the Year three times. Being part of this elite group continues to push and inspire us to uphold those standards through exceptional solutions for our customers.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for an Azure Data Platform Senior Solutions Architect
focusing on delivering large scale Azure data platform and presales activities including project scoping, high level design, and statement of work creation.
The responsibilities of this role are comprised of about 10% pre-sales support and 90% supporting our clients as an enterprise architect.
- The Solutions Architect will serve as a technical leader and support in the creation and delivery of Azure technology solutions designed to meet customers' business needs.
- Provides initial architecture and migration design for solution based on Customer's constraints (Time/Budget) and Customer's business requirements
- Accountable for Azure Data platform Design within solutions (e.g. Snowflake, Synapse, Power BI, Azure Data Factor, Power Apps, Azure Site Recovery such as Traffic Manager , Site Recovery and Virtual Network , and Backups to Cloud with StorSimple, Blob storage);
- The resource is the primary technical resource assigned to Azure opportunities and works closely with the other members of the sales team to win new business.
- Responsible for leading scoping calls with customers, putting together work effort estimates, assembling the initial staffing plan and is the primary creator of the statement of work (SOW) contract. The SSA is often required to pull in additional SSAs or SMEs to put together a complete solution for the customer.
- Works closely with our Practice Directors to determine pursuit strategy, ensure quality of deliverables, and also to create new sales strategies and offerings for each fiscal year.
- Communicates initial design and solution concepts to the delivery team; understands technology limitations and ensures proposed/developed solutions are built with these limitations in mind
- Analyzes, defines, and documents Functional, Technical and Business Requirements; documents Technical Architecture
- Performs verbal and written communication with Customer; performs verbal and written communication with Technical and Non-Technical persons; responds professionally to Customer's requests
- Can manage own tasks; communicates status to practice leads as warranted; completes tasks on-time and within budget
- Stay abreast of latest Microsoft-based cloud technologies
- Actively researches technologies
- Demonstrates competency of practice through internal and external thought leadership
- Develop a complete set of architectural views for an enterprise customer in accordance with one of the more common architecture frameworks (E.g. Zachman, TOGAF, others)
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more technology domains
- Project and solution estimation and team structure definition
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions
- Engage with Technical Architects and technical staff to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs
- Demonstrate broad solutions technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change
- The Azure Data Platform Sr Solution Architect is a seasoned technical consultant with 15+ years of experience leading and delivering challenging projects and is considered an expert in their field.
- In addition to Azure, working knowledge of Snowflake on Azure is a MUST
- They must possess a strong background in Enterprise-level architecture design and engineering of industry standard (best-of-breed) core infrastructure technologies.
- Experience in data governance, data management, cloud governance, deployment, management, security and integration of technologies and solutions.
- This individual should also have 5+ years of experience and success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects including experience with architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications for enterprise level customers.
- This position requires strong relationship skills and excellent communication skills.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience consulting, designing, and delivering Microsoft data technologies including Azure Data Platform, Data Lake, Data warehouse, BI, and ML
- Minimum 10 years designing and delivering Microsoft cloud-based technologies
- Minimum of 10 years in Senior consulting roles preferably from top 5 consulting firms globally
- At least 2 years of Working experience with Snowflake on Azure platform is a MUST
- Leadership and team management experience with ability to provide strategic planning and oversight
- At least 5 project implementations that exploit the full capabilities (discover, design, implement and optimize) of Azure technologies
- At least 5 years of experience in a professional services company, consulting firm, or agency
- Have a solid understanding of delivery methodology and lead teams in the implementation of the solution according to the design/architecture
- Experience in project and solution estimation and team structure definition
- Fluent and current on architecture trends with an eye on market/technical conditions and future direction
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural stand point
- Experience leading customer workshop sessions to educate customers on the latest technology trends and best practices
- Proven track record of leadership roles delivering solutions within defined timeframes
- Demonstrated success in performing work and managing complex and/or large consulting projects
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents and statements of work
- Ability to elicit requirements and communicate clearly with non-technical individuals, development teams, and other ancillary project members
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical resources
- Experience working with a globally distributed team
- Desire to mentor younger team members and develop their skills
- Experience working on multiple concurrent projects
- Experience leading internal initiatives
- Experience migrating applications from on-premise or other clouds to Azure
- Experience with server virtualization, storage, and networking
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Be independent and self-driven
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Must be open to travel 50% post COVID.
Knowledge of Experience in any other cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), AEM
is a plus .
More About Perficient
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Certifications in Microsoft cloud technologies
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an award-winning Premier Level IBM Business Partner
, a Microsoft National Service Provider
and Gold Certified Partner, an Oracle Platinum Partner
, an Adobe Business Solution Partner
, and a Salesforce Platinum Consulting Partner
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Disclaimer:
The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.