If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc.(Nasdaq: NVAX) is a biotechnology company that promotes improved health globally through the discovery, development, and commercialization of innovative vaccines to prevent serious infectious diseases. Novavaxis currently conducting multiple late-stage clinical trials for NVX-CoV2373, our vaccine candidate against the virus that causes COVID-19, and has recently reported exciting and highly encouraging initial efficacy results. NanoFlu, our quadrivalent influenza nanoparticle vaccine, met all primary objectives in its pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial in older adults. Both candidate vaccines incorporate Novavax' proprietary saponin-based Matrix-M adjuvant to enhance the immune response and stimulate high levels of neutralizing antibodies.Novavaxis a leading innovator of recombinant vaccines. Our proprietary technology platform leverages the power and speed of genetic engineering to efficiently produce highly immunogenic nanoparticles in order to address urgent global health needs.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic.
We are seeking a National Account Director, Trade and Distribution, who is responsible for the management, strategy, and tactical execution of the Novavax's Wholesale & Retail customer relationships. This encompasses the development and maintenance of relationships required to drive Novavax's strategic business position with key channel partners and corporate accounts for current and future portfolio.
Core Areas of Focus:
- Execute strategy in Retail / Wholesale accounts
- Partner with Field Sales, Market Access, and Corporate Accounts
- Ensure successful execution of appropriate contract initiatives
- Ensure successful execution of promotional programs
- Achieve Financial and Sales Targets for portfolio
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with high-level decision-makers within the retail / wholesale channel segments. Develop and maintain critical business relationships to ensure sales success and compliance across distribution partner agreements.
- Accountable for business development at accounts that are either national and / or for those that span multiple geographic regions.
- Manage and expand sales of channel segments to maximize company objectives.
- Meet or exceed specific sales objectives as set forth at the beginning of each sales period.
- Develop and help in the implementation of relevant channel marketing programs (Point of Sale Programs, Co-marketing programs,).
- Implement and enforce pricing or performance contracts within trade class.
- Provide strategic pricing input for the business.
- Monitor and maintain a high level of awareness of pricing regulations and third-party reimbursement policies to enhance Novavax's market position.
- Develop and maintain a high level of rapport and integrity within the trade sector, resulting in mutually beneficial long-term business opportunities.
- Assist in new product launches.
- Enforce the Return Policy and help monitor compliance to the policy.
- Serve as a key resource to marketing and sales in the area of Trade and Distribution.
- Partner with Market Access, Corporate Accounts and Regional Business Directors to develop and meet sales objectives within the Trade and Distribution business segments.
- Represent Novavax at key conferences and vendor functions,
- Drive negotiation, coordination, and execution of sales and distribution agreements with identified key customers.
- Recommends and assists in the development of Trade contracts and corporate policies focused on enabling customers the ability to purchase and supply our products with maximum benefit to the Company.
- Drive contract compliance to ensure strategic objectives are obtained.
- Proactively identify customer issues to protect and increase current and future business.
- Develop strategies and solutions to address identified issues.
- Monitors competitive activity and recommends appropriate strategies.
- Demonstrates all core values of Novavax.
- Maintains a safe working environment.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- High levels of understanding of the entire trade distribution network, including retail, wholesale managed care/specialty pharmacy provider distribution.
- Prior sales management experience (District Manager or Regional Director).
- Previous experience dealing with the drug distribution networks.
- Advanced business or science degree desirable.
- Proficiency Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think conceptually, analytically, and strategically.
- Strong negotiating skills and business acumen.
- Marketing experience is strongly desired.
Special Working Conditions:
- Overnight travel of 50% may be required.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate information and to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
Novavax is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.Job Posted by ApplicantPro