KELLY is looking for a Business Development Director to join our dynamic consulting client in Vienna, VA. The candidate will be responsible for performing strategic and tactical business development. They will build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating and closing business relationships with U.S. Government customers, System Integrators, Partners and other newly defined markets. The Business Development Manager must be an effective communicator and strategist, who can bring knowledge and experience in responding to the needs and objectives of Federal customers from prior business contacts and positions in management and business development. This person needs to be a motivated self-starter with ability to gain internal commitment and support. This is a full-time position working onsite at the headquarters in Vienna, VA.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify and qualify new business opportunities; opportunity assessment and vetting, gap analysis, team development, direct input for win theme and “price to win”, competitive intel, etc.
- Drive new incremental opportunities through the capture process and/or GWAC/IDIQ vehicles to allow for increased win potential
- Collaborate and present to company leadership about trends and changes taking place within existing accounts, as well as the customer’s organization, and make recommendations about future courses of action necessary for improving the Company’s position
- Engage internal and external resources in the development of the most effective solution or offering necessary to win against the customer’s requirements and mission
- Maintain accurate and timely sales forecasting and demand planning data through an opportunities pipeline
- Collaborate with proposal activities, identifying, contacting, and enticing, potential teaming partners and key personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or technical field and 8 years of experience performing business development in the federal sector
- In-depth experience in business development (extensive knowledge of Business Development processes in the Federal Government environment), capture/proposal support, sales, account management and the direct management of business opportunities throughout the entire business development and sales lifecycle
- Ability to perform consultative selling and leverage federal sales cycle through superior communication skills, client relations and subject matter expertise • The ability to independently identify, validate and qualify business opportunities and to prepare those opportunities for bid review by the Sr. Management team
- Working knowledge of the proposal preparation process, including the ability to understand and analyze the details of an RFP/RFQ
- Experience in working with or within the Federal Government market at the Senior Level Executive and Program Executives Office level(s)
- Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required
- Performance-based rewards
- Annual performance review
- Training and Development program
- Teleworking plan
- All Federal Holidays Off - Paid
- 3 weeks PTO
- 401K savings plan (ask about our matching plans)
- Affordable health care (ask about premiums paid by company)
- Affordable dental and vision insurance (ask about the premiums paid by company)
- Short-and-Long-Term Disability (premiums paid by company)
- Life and AD&D plan (premiums paid by company)
- Free onsite fitness facility
- Free garage parking
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
Posting ID: 610839701Posted: 2021-05-13Job Title: Business Development Director