Reports to: Energy Service Manager
Operate service vehicle in accordance with company and government regulations. Coordinate with Service Manager to confirm service route and ensure that adequate fuel and supplies are on hand. Set, repair and maintain tanks and cylinders, install first stage line, conduct system tests and ready installation for inspection. Deliver fuel as required and meet established performance standard metrics such as billable time, productivity and efficient usage of inventory and equipment.
- Deliver and install stationary and portable fuel tanks to cooperative customers.
- Maintain and service end-user and retail-fueling pumps.
- Maintain service vehicle by reviewing maintenance record and perform pre- and post-trip inspections.
- Secure truck and equipment consistent with security policy.
- Deliver fuel to customers in a safe and efficient manner.
- Notify energy service manager of any issues that might impact safety, customer satisfaction, productivity, and other established goals and standards.
- Work a flexible schedule with after-hours on-call rotation.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to convey information to new and existing customers.
- Maintain a professional image and superior customer service.
- Succeed in a team-oriented environment.
- Other duties as assigned at supervisor/manager discretion.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Tech/trade-school training is a plus.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Outstanding driving record with respect to observing driving regulations and federal/state/local motor-vehicle laws.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to work with propane and refined fuels (federal requirement).
- Required to have a valid state driver’s license and a commercial driver’s license (CDL) with hazmat and tanker endorsements.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Proven track record of being safe, dependable, and reliable.
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs occasionally.
- Ability to stoop, bend, sit (while driving) and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather and driving conditions.
United Cooperative is a full-service cooperative offering feed, grain, agronomy and energy products to farmers and consumers throughout Wisconsin along with customers in Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa and Michigan. As part of our energy division, United Cooperative is also an investor in three corn-ethanol production facilities. United Cooperative operates to provide our patron members with the best possible value and return on investment, backed by exceptional service and professionalism.
Posting ID: 610883528Posted: 2021-03-20Job Title: Energy Service Technician