SUMMARY: The Telecommunications Tower Antenna Line Lead’s job is to assist in overseeing job sites and construction projects including goal setting and organization of activities to ensure objectives are met. The incumbent assists the Foreman in managing Crew Members and Subcontractors efforts to complete tasks on time, on budget, and to the customers’ satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist the Foreman in leading and providing work direction to staff.
- Direct the completion of daily tasks per SOW.
- Identify and report observations which affect the project schedule, budget, quality and safety and completion, including scope of work changes.
- Communicate the daily goals with the crew and delegate tasks to crew members appropriately to their skill set. Provide feedback on performance.
- Submit all required daily/weekly/monthly reports and documents (JSA, receipts, inspections, audits, other documents as assigned).
- Approve all daily time sheets for the crew.
- Coordinate management tasks with the Construction Manager.
- Ensure team members follow safety requirements and plans, work safely, and properly wear PPE.
- Verify all materials needed to complete the work are at the job site when needed, identify missing materials, work with CM’s to get any missing materials needed to complete assigned tasks efficiently.
- Inventory job site materials at the beginning and end of each project.
- Ensure truck, trailer, tools, and equipment are inspected and used properly, kept organized and in working condition.
- Ensure the job site is clean and safe while working each day onsite, and when the job is completed
- Perform crew and team member duties when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- All employees must possess the ability to promote and model the Premise Core Values of:
- Operate with accountability and honesty
- Build trust with respect and a team focus
- Arrive prepared in skills, hand, and mind
- Create long term solutions
- Other required qualifications for this role are:
- 1 – 3 years of related experience as a Tower Technician 2 or Antenna Line Lead
- Basic technical understanding of the work being managed and performed by the team.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, analytical, math and reasoning skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and workflow changes.
- Ability to provide work direction and lead crew members with differing backgrounds, skills and personalities.
- Ability to prepare and schedule step-by-step action plans.
- Able to perform trade specific tasks and operate tools and equipment as needed.
- Willing to climb 250+ feet in all weather conditions
- Understanding of radio frequency, wireless systems including RRH’s, antennas, Diplexers, TMA’s, 4G & 5G networks, and familiarity with all carrier standards
- Experience and knowledge of Video Quality Audits (VQA’s) and closeout standards
- Ability to perform job site PIM, SWEEP, OTDR tests, and other troubleshooting as needed
- Ability to install, decommission, assemble, and modify telecom equipment.
- Ability to prepare radios, set RET’s, azimuths, down tilts, pull wire, build/test jumpers, and terminate coax and line voltages
- Understands specific cable routing including proficiency in cable management/layout
- Ability to work out of aerial lift equipment
- Basic knowledge of crane and of crane signals.
- Proven ability to read and interpret construction drawings, schematics and SOW
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively, clearly and succinctly through spoken and written forms with peers, management, and customers. Able to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Ability to learn and use Premise provided software.
- Working knowledge of construction, quality, safety and OSHA guidelines.
- Specific certifications and licensing, as needed
- Competent Climber
- Ability to travel and stay overnight at remote job sites as needed
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Valid driver’s license and ability to maintain a clean driving record.
OTHER REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods and honest analysis to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Can see hidden issues. Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer. Is skilled at using analysis skills to define the problem and identify the solution.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills - Possesses the relevant and required knowledge and skills to effectively perform on the job. Maintains relevant knowledge and skills as appropriate. Keeps up with current developments and trends in the areas of expertise.
- Delegating Responsibility - Allocates decision-making authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate individuals to maximize the organization and the individual’s effectiveness. Provides support without removing responsibility. Trusts staff to perform and finish their own work. Is good at establishing clear directions.
- Managing Work and Priority Setting - Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Can identify and concentrate efforts on the more important priorities. Can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal and creates focus. Can attend to a broader range of activities and gets more done in less time than others.
- Safety Awareness - Identifies and corrects conditions that affect employee safety and upholds safety standards. Monitors safety or security issues after taking corrective action to ensure continued compliance. Demonstrates the organization’s safety procedures and best practices and is a role model for the desired behaviors.
- Quality of Work/Quality Improvement - Is dedicated to providing the highest quality product and services. Is committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data. Creates a learning environment that leads to the most efficient and effective work processes. Follows procedures and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Initiating Action and Results Oriented - Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives and achieve goals beyond what is required. Acts proactively to anticipate challenging issues and situations and prepare for solutions. Bottom line oriented and pushes self and other for results. Is consistently a top performer.
Posting ID: 611001433Posted: 2021-03-21Job Title: Antenna Line Lead