Under direction of the Chief Engineer or leader on shift, perform general repair and maintenance of any and all equipment found in and around the hotel. Specific work areas will be assigned as needed to each employee, based on skill level and experience.
Accurate record keeping on assigned tasks is required. Ensure that all safety systems are operable. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with preventative maintenance and complete report work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, patching vinyl, etc., to maintain the hotel and keep the product quality standard.
- Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis (e.g. "room care").
- Assist in checking electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, television sets and lighting systems, and make minor repairs and/or replacement.
- Assist in checking and making routine repairs and assist on major repairs of all hotel equipment including small appliances, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, boilers, pool equipment, HVAC, hand and power tools, and general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipe lines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
- Service the hotel's pool if applicable, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters, and completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
- Maintain the building exterior and "curb appeal" (i.e. snow removal, lawn care, painting, gardening).
- Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows and counters. Paint and finish furniture and fixtures if needed.
- Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Be prepared for exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Operation of heavy machinery.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
Posting ID: 611174358Posted: 2021-03-22Job Title: Maintenance Tech, Westin Wilmington