We are sure a lot of companies are trying to recruit you. So, how is Anderson Merchandisers different? We value our associates as members of our family and treat all our clients as the VIPs they are!
Anderson Merchandisers is a premier retail services company with over 5,000 team members and growing. Our success is attributed to our E3 mission of Execution Excellence Every Day by the dedicated associates that work relentlessly for our clients. We are a family-owned company that has been in business for over 100 years and we know what it takes to get the job right the first time, every time. We are growing fast and will give you the tools and training you need to succeed and grow in your career!
What makes Anderson Merchandisers a great place to work? THE PEOPLE - just like you!
Our associates have a lot in common. They have great interpersonal skills, enjoy working independently, are self-motivated, and have a relentless drive. Did we mention that while they are working hard, they also like to have fun?
If this sounds like a good fit for you, come join our team!
Responsible for the administration of the Workers Compensation department, which includes the programs of workers compensation and certain aspects of company safety. The position is also responsible for the administration of general liability, property, aviation, crime, terrorism, cybersecurity and workers compensation insurance policies and programs. The Workers Compensation Coordinator provides all necessary statistical information and reports emanating from workers compensation claims (injuries, medical claims and costs and lost time compensation).
What would you do in this role? TYPE OF SUPERVISION RECEIVED:
The Workers Compensation Coordinator reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer. JOB REQUIREMENTS AND DUTIES, including but not limited to the following:
- Review and investigate all first reports of injury.
- Provide regular, internal status updates on injured employees to management.
- Contact injured employees. Determine current medical status and needs within 24 hours; Provide guidance regarding follow up care and communicate the workers comp process and expectations.
- Monitor employee compliance with medical treatment and transitional duty assignments on an ongoing basis as warranted until closure.
- Provide all pertinent claim information and documents to claims adjuster and supervisors with our initial assessment to initiate the claims adjudication process.
- Communicates and interacts with medical professionals, support agencies and others to monitor and assess the progress of rehabilitation efforts, and to facilitate either return to work or, depending upon medical status of the claimant, placement into appropriate alternative positions within or outside the Company, ensuring compliance with all appropriate regulations and guidelines.
- Review and approve all action plans recommended by the claims administrator or TPA on claims.
- Make recommendations to expedite positive claim outcomes as needed through the life of the claim including negotiation of claims, secure settlement authority, coordinating claims, processing required paperwork, recommending reserves, reconciliation and reporting duties.
- Approve all claims administrator recommendations for vendor assignment (legal, medical case management, surveillance, etc.).
- Approve all case reserves and claim settlements based on established guidelines.
- Conduct and participate in claim file reviews with third party administrator.
- Ensures that claims administrator or TPA adjudicates claims according to industry standards, best practices, and Special Handling Instructions.
- Builds, maintains, and manages relationships with insurers, TPA, legal counsel and other claim related vendors.
- Assemble appropriate information for facts regarding claims for cases in litigation and work with Legal Counsel and external counsels to assist with insurance and claims related lawsuits.
- Assist HR with medical leave and return to work compliance.
- Provides regulatory record keeping and submission of reports to regulatory agencies (OSHA 300).
- Prepare all necessary forms, records, and documentation, to include statistical analyses and reports, for all claims assigned, as required by various regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for Riskonnect - the company's Risk Management Information System including supervising data input and maintaining data integrity.
- Manage claims process; communicate claims to insurance carriers; develop and maintain claim expense tracking in Riskonnect for accurate financial reporting and trend analytics.
- Prepare weekly analysis reports for reducing claim frequency and severity, types, and trends for operations teams. Develops, implements, analyzes, plans, administers, and monitors a wide variety of risk management and insurance program activities.
- Oversee loss control evaluations as required by insurance contracts.
- Create and maintain historical risk exposure schedules and applications for the company's insurance program.
- Assist and provide feedback for safety programs for Anderson Merchandisers to assure that a safe working environment is provided to the associates in the sales field and corporate and home offices. Partner with operations management to ensure proper safety programs are in place.
- Design safety awareness programs, such as training and safety alerts.
- Draft, modify and create insurance, risk and claims policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and participate in strategic planning aimed at reducing worker's compensation-related injuries.
- Participate in championing safety communications for employees (newsletters, posters, social media, etc.).
- Educate and train field personnel on workers compensation management, transitional duty and return to work.
- Complete special claims or insurance renewal projects as assigned.
- Attend RIMS and other industry related events to maintain relationships and develop new partnerships and strategies.
- Assist with renewal processes for worker's compensation, general liability, excess liability, automobile, property, cybersecurity and crime policies.
- Company's representative for Risk and Insurance Management Society (RIMS).
- Train, develop and supervise workers compensation associates.
- Analytical skills
- Good time management
- Detail oriented
- Planning and organizational skills
- Ability to understand broader business issues
- Effectively communicate, both in writing and verbally
- Analyze and resolve problems with minimal supervision
- Work with multiple priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Identifies and eliminates recurring problems through better process, policies and training.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college with major course work in Business, Risk Management in a related field or a minimum of 7+ years of multi-jurisdictional workers compensation claims experience handling lost time claims.
- Multi-jurisdiction work comp claim knowledge is preferred.
- Experience in an insurance company, brokerage firm, risk management or safety department a plus.
- Prior Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Must be proficient with Excel and PowerPoint. Risk Management Information System experience a plus.
As an Anderson Merchandisers Associate you may be eligible for these benefits*.
• Flexible work schedules
• Referral bonuses for bringing new members to our team
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Health Insurance - including Dental and Vision
• Accident Insurance
• Critical Illness Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Short Term Disability
• Long Term Disability
• Associate Assistance Fund
• Associate Savings Plan
• Anderson Cares Fund
• Paid Time Off
• Training & Career Development
*All benefits subject to eligibility per company policy.