Why Work for Saddle Creek?
Saddle Creek is in the logistics business. Over the past 50 years, our associates built Saddle Creek into what it is today by treating each other with respect and working together to succeed. Our people make a difference every day to our clients, to our business, and to each other. The growth and success we've experienced requires smart, dedicated people working in a supportive environment.
Growing our family since 1966. Will you join us? Summary
Forklift Operators are responsible for loading, unloading, sorting, staging and transporting products into and out of a warehouse. Individuals in this position must work cooperatively with other associates and productively with little supervision. Following company safety policies and procedures is of great importance to this position. What You'll Do:
What We Need from You:
- Operate a forklift safely and efficiently, in accordance with company or site-specific safety policies and procedures.
- Load and unload trailers, railcars, and transports to designated area.
- Check product on inbound/outbound to ensure that items and quantities are correct and there is no damage.
- Use handheld scanners/equipment for warehouse management system compliance.
- Perform daily maintenance inspections of equipment.
- Work cooperatively with other warehouse associates.
- Participate in keeping the facility maintained in a clean, neat, and orderly fashion.
- Additional duties assigned by supervisor.
Helpful Experience (Not Required):
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Minimum of 1-year experience operating a forklift.
- Must be able to move and/or lift up to 50 pounds, and perform physically exerting tasks of the jobs in a warehouse environment that may be non-temperature controlled, meaning the indoor temperature fluctuates throughout each season.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background investigation.
- Must be able to work overtime and adjust schedule as needed.
- Experience with RF equipment.
- Warehouse experience in a high-volume environment; experience in a food grade, refrigerated warehouse helpful.
- Familiarity with and ability to use order management systems such as WMS.
- Forklift certified.
Posting ID: 611175525Posted: 2021-03-08Job Title: Forklift Operator (M - F 1:30 Pm - 10:00 Pm)