St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.The Medical Assistant's primary responsibility is to assist in the delivery of health care management for the practice. This will include actively participating and supporting primary clinical teams. The Medical Assistant behaves in a professional manner, and consistently demonstrates and promotes the values of the organization. The Medical Assistant will work with and receive supervision from the Practice Administrator, physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
1. Actively participates in maintaining and/or improving quality improvement initiatives, including but not limited to the Physician Billing computer system and patient satisfaction survey.
2. Maintains high level of competence on Physician Billing computer system.
3. Utilize computer system to schedule appointments and track referrals.
4. Opens and closes office as required.
5. Assists in capturing patient demographic information.
6. Takes active role in facilitation of team approach to functions within the department:
- Attends departmental meetings.
- Actively participates as a team member in resolution of problems as they are identified.
- Analyzes current procedures, bringing suggestions for improvement to the attention of team members and supervisors for consideration.
7. Conducts pre-visit planning by reviewing and updating the patient's medical record prior to the appointment with recent test results and correspondence and determines needed services per practice protocol.
8. Confers with the physician, NP or PA regarding any incomplete patient tests/consults or other incomplete orders to the patient visit.
9. Prepares patients for the examination and treatment by escorting them from the reception area to the exam room prior to the provider entering the exam room.
Height, weight and vital signs
Update medication list
Update allergies in record
Update personal, family and social history
Inquire about smoking status
Obtains the Chief Complaint for the visit
10. Provides other patient care services as needed/directed:
Keeps exam rooms clean
Maintaining clinical supplies in exam rooms
Cleans and autoclaves contaminated instruments
Gives injections or immunizations, within State approved scope of practice
OB/GYN exams assist as needed
11. Disposes of Bio-Hazardous waste and regular waste per practice protocol.
12. Maintains supplies:
Disposing of expired Sample medication
13. As appropriate:
Assists with scheduling outpatient testing
Pre-certifying patients for procedures and referral processing
Responds to patient communications within practice guidelines.
Refill medications per practice protocol.
14. Communicates and Coordinates with providers or Care Coordinators regarding:
Patient Self management
Patient and/or family education on chronic conditions
Individualized patient care plan
Follow-up contact with patient as indicated to ensure compliance with
recommendations, medications, labs or other testing as well as specialist visits.
15. Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the Network/ Entity as well as the proper release of information.
16. Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding issues of employee, patient and environmental safety and follows appropriate reporting requirements.
17. Demonstrates/models the Network's Service Excellence Standards of Performance in interactions with all customers (internal and external).
18. Demonstrates Performance Improvement in the following areas as appropriate: Clinical Care/Outcomes, Customer/Service Improvement, Operational System/Process, and Safety.
19. Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability through the effective and efficient use of resources in daily procedures, processes and practices.
20. Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding attendance and dress code.
21. Demonstrates competency in the assessment, range of treatment, knowledge of growth and development and communication appropriate to the age of the patient treated.
1. Assists "front staff" as needed.
2. Attends educational training and inservices, maintains professional affiliations, and participates in other professional development activities as required.
3. Other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICIAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Requires sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours at time). Requires continual use of fingers for patient care, writing and computer entry. Routinely uses upper extremities; occasional requirement to lift up to 25 pounds. Occasionally push cart ith supplies up to 30 pounds. Occasionally push wheelchair with patient weighing up to 325 pounds. Regularly requires ability to stoop, bend and reach above shoulder level. Requires ability to hear normal conversation and good general, near and peripheral vision.
Graduate of accredited Medical Assistant program or two years similar experience.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Two years office experience in a similar setting preferred. Current CPR required.
Generally days, evenings, and weekends as assigned.
Please complete your application using your full legal name andcurrent home address. Be sure toincludeemployment history forthe past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you areencouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications andlicenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting ID: 611175557Posted: 2021-03-08Job Title: Medical Assistant Urology