Why Work for Saddle Creek?
Saddle Creek is in the logistics business. Over the past 50 years, our associates built Saddle Creek into what it is today by treating each other with respect and working together to succeed. Our people make a difference every day to our clients, to our business, and to each other. The growth and success we've experienced requires smart, dedicated people working in a supportive environment.
Growing our family since 1966. Will you join us? Overview
A forklift operator drives gasoline, liquefied gas, or electric powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel hook, fork grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials/pallets by performing the following duties. This position is responsible for providing high quality service to our customers through safe, efficient, damage free, cost effective and accurate storage and handling. Responsibilities
- Load and unloads trailers and railcars and transports load to designated area.
- Check product on inbound / outbound to ensure that items and quantities are correct and that there is no damage
- Use handheld scanners/equipment for warehouse management system compliance
- Assist in cycle counts and physical inventories.
- Recharge batteries, fills fuel tank, or replace gas tank.
- Perform daily maintenance inspections of equipment.
- Follow company procedures and policies to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Adhere to company safety policy and guidelines to ensure safe working conditions for self and others.
- Work cooperatively with other warehouse associates.
- Participate in keeping the facility maintained in a clean, neat and orderly fashion.
- Additional duties assigned by supervisor.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience operating a forklift
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a warehouse environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must maintain productivity and accuracy standards.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- May lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Able to work in a non-temperature controlled warehouse (meaning the indoor temperature fluctuates through each season)
Posting ID: 611175954Posted: 2021-03-08Job Title: Forklift Operator