Why Work for Saddle Creek?
Saddle Creek is in the logistics business. Over the past 50 years, our associates built Saddle Creek into what it is today by treating each other with respect and working together to succeed. Our people make a difference every day to our clients, to our business, and to each other. The growth and success we've experienced requires smart, dedicated people working in a supportive environment.
Growing our family since 1966. Will you join us?
To deliver superior customer service at all times in all situations. Responsible for providing customers with high quality, professional customer service and act as an extension of the customer within Saddle Creek Corporation. To check in all carriers for appointments and ensure quality and accuracy of process. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, other agencies, customers and the public. Must have a working knowledge of Business English, spelling and arithmetic, and office practices and procedures. Ability to: type accurately, make accurate arithmetic computations, prepare and maintain complex records and reports, follow written and verbal instructions and communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Assists customers on all issues, acts as a liaison between the customer and Saddle Creek personnel, answers questions, offers solutions, and researches issues in a timely and positive manner.
• Accurate input and verification of BOLs on a timely basis.
• Check in and out all carriers in accurate and timely manner.
• Make or change appointments for customers as required.
• Organization of files, to ensure the proper information and documentation is available to the customer in a timely and efficient manner.
• Generating and retention of any required reporting for the customer and Saddle Creek.
• Update outbound schedule and dispatch at scheduled times each day.
• Print outbound BOLs and make available for drivers to pick up.
• Communicates with the customer verbally and in writing with a professional and positive attitude.
• Assist in answering the phones and making appointments as needed.
• Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor or Management
• Maintain orderly desk area with information available to all associates and customers as needed. Skills abilities and experience
- Completion of High School Diploma and/or GED
- Must be willing to submit to drug screen and background check
- Must be able to stand for periods of up to 12 hours a day
- Must pass pre-employment test if applicable
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a customer service role
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & Power Point
- Computer/WMS experience preferred
- RF experience preferred
- Suggest ideas to improve daily processes (LEAN)