Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
None Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
DHS EOD Public Trust/Other Required:
None Job Family:
SCA Job Description:
GENERAL SUMMARY: (Scope; Summary and Impact of Job)
The Secondary Firearms Instructor (SFI) supports the Lead Firearms Instructor (LFI) during the Federal Flight Deck Officer (FFDO) Requalification Training sessions. The SFI assists the LFI as directed in the preparation; completion; and post session clean-up requirements of all FFDO Semi-annual Firearms Requalification sessions.
Ensures student safety during dry-fire and live-fire training venues.
- The SFI provides one-on-one instruction to students during the pre-qualification (warm-up) course of fire; and any remedial training as designated by the LFI.
- The SFI must possess the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate law enforcement training concepts and issues to a diverse audience; and must possess the demonstrated ability to instruct in accordance with the principles of basic adult education; as well as platform and practical area instruction for law enforcement.
- The SFI must have the ability to interpret; apply; and adhere to established program policies; standard operating procedures (SOPs); and lesson plans.
- The SFI keeps all Sensitive Security Information (SSI) and Sensitive Personally Identifying Information (SPII) secured appropriately both during and after a re-qualification session in compliance with the TSA MD 2100.2; Privacy and Information Collection Policy and TSA MD 1400.3 TSA Information Security Policy.
- Associates Degree; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work/military experience.
- The SFI must be a current or former certified law enforcement official or civilian employee having completed a military; state; county or municipally certified firearms training program.
- The SFI must also comply with all Federal; state; and/or local requirements.
SFIs must have a minimum of 5 years of formal experience as an instructor in ALL of the following law enforcement disciplines: firearms; defensive tactics/measures; and use of force.
Working Conditions The work is typically performed at an indoor or outdoor gun range. Employees will be required to handle weapons and ammunition in the course of their duties. Exposure to high volumes of noise due to the firing of weapons will occur and employees are required to wear hearing protection in the form of foam ear plugs as well as external hearing protection. Exposure to expelled gun-powder as a result of fired ammunition is expected; and the employees must wash hands after handling ammunition. Work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials; boxes; or equipment. The above job description is not intended to be; nor should it be construed as; exhaustive of all responsibilities; skills; efforts; or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V). *This position requires applicants to successfully complete the security application and pass a background investigation clearance prior to starting.*
" Scheduled Weekly Hours:
8 Travel Required:
Less than 10% Telecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not Allowed Work Location:
USA FL Jacksonville Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Posting ID: 611176276Posted: 2021-03-08Job Title: Secondary Firearm Instructor